Nifty Options Vertical Spread Trading

ananths

Hi Munde,

Pls do not spam all threads.

Fyi.......your web page for option oracle.........throwing page not found error.....:D
May be. I am just posting for the benefit of the maximum people in traderji. Still many are asking now and then working solution for option oracle.

Even though it is posted here a long ago.. Some members asked solution for working option oracle just 15 to 20 days back in my thread.

There is no harm in refreshing good things

If admin desire so . let them delete these posts.
Hi Mundeji,

Your intention may be in right spirit to help others. I agree with pakatil because posting on each thread wont help. What you could do is open a new thread with the contents and add that thread to your signature. In that new thread further discussion can be continued.
Now there is a mistake in the link you provided. Pakatil has posted the correct link. If anyone is not able to download the software now, where should he ask the question? which thread?

gmt900

Hi,
I would like to share my thoughts on spread trading.

As I understand, you have to have a view on the market to take a spread trade.

The way market is moving these days, it has become impossible for me to take a considered view of the market .

I for one have decided to refrain from taking positions with spread.

I am planning to try market neutral strategies instead.

Hi,
I would like to share my thoughts on spread trading.

As I understand, you have to have a view on the market to take a spread trade.

The way market is moving these days, it has become impossible for me to take a considered view of the market .

I for one have decided to refrain from taking positions with spread.

I am planning to try market neutral strategies instead.
You still can play credit spreads. Just implement them step by step on the low and high swings of the market. Use next months options or start with a credit spread with this month series and when the next swing is over, you implement a credit spread with the next month series. You can play around with this kind of trading.

Time frame: Daily.
Implementing: Intra day through leg in.
To consider: Write down all your legs you will have accumulated over time to be clear which leg belongs to which spread.

Good luck.

gmt900

You still can play credit spreads. Just implement them step by step on the low and high swings of the market. Use next months options or start with a credit spread with this month series and when the next swing is over, you implement a credit spread with the next month series. You can play around with this kind of trading.

Time frame: Daily.
Implementing: Intra day through leg in.
To consider: Write down all your legs you will have accumulated over time to be clear which leg belongs to which spread.

Good luck.
Your suggestion is good. Can you elaborate it a little more for people like me who have tried to take spread trades in a plain vanilla way?

Your suggestion is good. Can you elaborate it a little more for people like me who have tried to take spread trades in a plain vanilla way?
Here an absolute simple chart only with trend channels. No words needed, as all what can be told is seen on the chart. The main idea is not to find the perfect spot for each of those spreads. You place them according to the channels. You even can play them at the support and resistance level of those channels. If you do so, then you will have iron condors placed over the range through leg in. You even can leg into each separate credit spread. It all depends upon your will and knowledge what you want to trade. No holy grail behind that way of trading. It is also your choice to use next months options or how ever you like to trade those credit spreads. If you have a broker which has an understanding for what you do, then he will understand that you trade a less risky way and he surely will come down with the margin requirements.