nifty options beginner

DSM

While there will be many negative comments about Ashwini Gujaral the trader, his two books : How to make money trading with charts and How to make money trading derivatives is surely recommended.

Good luck.

This may not be a correct thread to ask this question..can anyone suggest me a good book for a beginner to learn stock market? Prefer Indian markets related books. Also suggest a book for technical analysis. Thanks

ananths

IV on Nifty options both put and calls are around 20...I have not seen Call side IV as high as 20 for some time now...does that mean market has some more downside left?

ananths

I have bought Ashwani gurjral's 2 books on Derivatives & Charts...i have experience in trading but limited knowledge on TA. I will read these books and try to apply it in my trades...let us see how it works.
My broker is zerodha and i trade only on Nifty options..

Any good software for charting for free?

Last edited:

DSM

Ananth, These books are a good introduction, but just a guide. There is a lot of difference between theory and practice. Do Chart analysis daily and see how price reacts to certain levels, or where they trend or reverse. It is better to see a chart of one or a few stocks/indices daily, till it is a part of you - finally understanding price action with a minimal of indicators with good money management and discipline is the key to successful trading. Good luck.

I have bought Ashwani gurjral's 2 books on Derivatives & Charts...i have experience in trading but limited knowledge on TA. I will read these books and try to apply it in my trades...let us see how it works.
My broker is zerodha and i trade only on Nifty options..

Any good software for charting for free?

DSM

If you are looking for LIVE charting, do consider Sharekhan. Its in my opinion the best charting platform available for intraday or EOD charts. Anybody know of any other charting platform similar to Sharekhan's Trade Tiger?

For EOD, ChartNexus is another free charting software.

Any good software for charting for free?[/QUOTE]

ananths

Hi DSM...thanks for the suggestion..yes i will read this as guide..i know while trading lot of emotions come into picture..controlling that would be toughest task. Trade tiger is good..can we use that in Mobile? is there any website for providing live(intraday) charting?I use google/finance daily..but i dont think it has all the charting features like ADX... thank you.

DSM

Yes, TradeTiger can be used on smartphones, my friend is using it. But do check the specs. required as it will require a lot of memory and processing power.

Hi DSM...thanks for the suggestion..yes i will read this as guide..i know while trading lot of emotions come into picture..controlling that would be toughest task. Trade tiger is good..can we use that in Mobile? is there any website for providing live(intraday) charting?I use google/finance daily..but i dont think it has all the charting features like ADX... thank you.