Nifty Intra Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaur_Krishna

Dear VJAY,

I remember Raghav's & ST's threads as theu using 5min TF and strictly intraday. But here I see 30 min TF and positional and w/o stoch (3,8,4) or sma 20. So have you modified the method? Also can you explain with chart that what do you mean by "+32 points" (bolded part)

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

Mixed both method in one chart...though as per RGST no trade...My live trade got + 32 points
BNF SWING-Entered long arround 10160 exited EOD... now SOH

VJAY

Dear GK,
not much change in chart......Where is 30 min chart?:confused:
Pane below chart pane is stoch....just removed fast line :)
ma line not actually used ..but just put on chart that time (st da's swift)...
Todays trade ...Long @5731 (2 lots) exit 1/2 @5759=28 points ..another 1/2 @5735 =4 points 28+4=32 points...hope i explained it correct

Gaur_Krishna

:confused: Some mistake in my reading then...
So all these charts are 5 min that you are posting? As they are 5 min, so they must be purely Intra, correct?

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

Dear GK,
not much change in chart......Where is 30 min chart?:confused:
Pane below chart pane is stoch....just removed fast line :)
ma line not actually used ..but just put on chart that time (st da's swift)...
Todays trade ...Long @5731 (2 lots) exit 1/2 @5759=28 points ..another 1/2 @5735 =4 points 28+4=32 points...hope i explained it correct

Gaur_Krishna

Yes VJAY,

This post made me think that you trade 30 min TF. But really a good advice by ST da on how to avoid gaps against us at most of the times, if one is trading positional.

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

VJAY,

This month gap ups and gap downs were bad for 30 min swing trades because we were in a large sideways range and the market was reacting to various overseas inputs.

But in such circumstances also I have found that the market shows its hand earlier day before the gap. One technique which I have found useful in trading such period is End of Day exit. Suppose you are long and the market takes out 2-3 pivot highs....but in the end while closing, it closes below the last pivot high which it broke. This shows that market is unable to sustain above that Pivot high so sell your position there, and take position again next day when market opens. I have found that it saves us from many gap up /gap down situations. The same holds for short positions also.

See if the above helps.

Smart_trade

VJAY

Yes VJAY,

This post made me think that you trade 30 min TF. But really a good advice by ST da on how to avoid gaps against us at most of the times, if one is trading positional.

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna
You may seen my BNF swing trades...chart which I posted (30 trf) for which advice got from ST da :D

Gaur_Krishna

I think this chart

BNF swing

Only luck saved this month as I broke my rule exiting pos without any rule .......
if not broke that rule then Model trades would be profit of 11 points :) from 11trades
Yes VJAY,

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

Status
Not open for further replies.