Nifty Futures Positional Trading

umeshmandal

jamit, On what TF do you trade NF positional?

I trade NF positional too, but a single lot only ! :p
I do it with 30 minutes chart. Seems to be doing okay !
My recent trades :

29 Oct 6155 Long
05 Nov 6295 Short
05 Nov 6311 Long
05 Nov 6318 Short
07 Nov 6341 Long, did not trigger,
hence the short at 6318 is still ON ! Its a SAR at 6241 now !
A senior member suggested to manage Positional trades with lower time frame during Intraday. Have not been able to decide on criteria for the same.
Trades are as per Supertrend and Power Pivots in Metastock !

jamit_05

amit why elections have the tendency to take the markets up??
Being a common man, everybody feels it... I too feel it... if Nifty is near its all time high then the economy is in good shape. Sure, some sectors are struggling, GDP,IIP, infaltion etc are poor but economy is good... :) Just a mindset.

But, when index really sinks to sub 5000 levels do I start to feel worry... as a layman... not as a trader...

So, it is just a common minds mindset... therefore it is always super important for the incumbent gov to prop up the Index in delicate times.

jamit_05

jamit, On what TF do you trade NF positional?

I trade NF positional too, but a single lot only ! :p
I do it with 30 minutes chart. Seems to be doing okay !
My recent trades :

29 Oct 6155 Long
05 Nov 6295 Short
05 Nov 6311 Long
05 Nov 6318 Short
07 Nov 6341 Long, did not trigger,
hence the short at 6318 is still ON ! Its a SAR at 6241 now !
A senior member suggested to manage Positional trades with lower time frame during Intraday. Have not been able to decide on criteria for the same.
Trades are as per Supertrend and Power Pivots in Metastock !

I use 5 and 15 min charts to ride the Daily Chart.

And it does not really matter as long as you r able to capture atleast 60% of all moves and manage sideways.

jamit_05

Apparently, the short positions are trumped. Will square off and go long over the first 15 min bar high... if this high is over 6226.

jamit_05

Huge Big Gaps like today's mean one of two things, either the price is strongly going to rip through all resistances in the coming days or will fizz out and cover the gap.

Not caring about what may happen, and focusing on whats best left to do. Am still holding the short positions and will wait for the next 15 min PH to get out at, which currently is HOD.