NF Swing Trading using Fractal AFL

Mercedes

The results look good but what matters most is how the testing has been done. I hope you have kept curve fitting in mind while developing this. Let us see how this performs in the live market, that is when real learning would come.

MT
Yes, Curve fitting has been done but upto some limit. I have taken care of some points that i read earlier in ur thread.
Also I am forward testing for 3 months without changing any code to check the performance.

Mercedes

Still a lot of scope to improve. Personally I wouldn't jump on this seeing 882 points system drawdown. I use two things to remove whipsaws in non trending makets. One is ADX indicator and one is completley developed by me. Try with adding ADX. Your results will surely increase. Also dont go on theories when everywhere on net is written 'trending is when ADX is greater than 30'. Values differ for nifty and your system. optimize it in amibroker. All the best
thanks denzo for your kind words. I will surely try to improve the performance as per your suggestion.:thumb:

oldtrader

OldTrader, Your Fractal afl works wonderfully on crudeoil. Have you tested and finetuned the same on commodities as well?
Hi denzo, I had tested on March 2015 to August 2015 data. The following parameters were giving good results. All of them on 7 min TF.
1. Crude 0.0005 and 0.004
2. Copper 0.0025 and 0.0035
3. Gold 0.016 and 0.004
4. Lead 0.0545 and 0.002
5. Zinc 0.0965 and 0.002
6. Silver 0.0005 and 0.007

oldtrader

I had purchased 8200 ce today morning at 98.6 and holding with 72.5 SL. The SL got triggered and my order was filled at 71 around 10 am. When I see the 8200 ce graph at NSE site , I find that the lowest value at that time was 92.5. Then how come the order was filled at 71

1 or 2 points slippage is OK , but 20 points is questionable.

PUCHU_2500

I had purchased 8200 ce today morning at 98.6 and holding with 72.5 SL. The SL got triggered and my order was filled at 71 around 10 am. When I see the 8200 ce graph at NSE site , I find that the lowest value at that time was 92.5. Then how come the order was filled at 71

1 or 2 points slippage is OK , but 20 points is questionable.