NF Swing Trading using Fractal AFL

oldtrader

why??? if this afl is better than fractal one why would not you try it live ...any particular reason ???
Frequent changing of systems is not good for money management. If we find some good system, than the current one, we should try to trade it on a smaller scale, once we are in profit we can upgrade. Currently I don't have sufficient funds to enter into new system. Maybe later.:)

Most of the newbies on seeing 4 - 5 profitable signals , jump into the system on the next availaible signal and get hurt badly. Don't ever ever do like that. If you want to enter a new system enter it after it has made some losses in the previous signals, and even then keep provision for the coming signals to be loosing ones, than only you will win. Patience , my friends, Patience is the name of the game.

Last edited:

vikas2131

Frequent changing of systems is not good for money management. If we find some good system, than the current one, we should try to trade it on a smaller scale, once we are in profit we can upgrade. Currently I don't have sufficient funds to enter into new system. Maybe later.:)

Most of the newbies on seeing 4 - 5 profitable signals , jump into the system on the next availaible signal and get hurt badly. Don't ever ever do like that. If you want to enter a new system enter it after it has made some losses in the previous signals, and even then keep provision for the coming signals to be loosing ones, than only you will win. Patience , my friends, Patience is the name of the game.
True...thanks to you for back-testing these afls... Though i always prefer visual back-testing along with any other method...

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Dear Vijay ji
Afl given by you with using 7 min timeframe for both is good for intraday as well fractal is for positional i suppose?
hi hmp ji,
afl given by me did not have any intraday settings.
it was meant for positional though can be used for intraday as pivots work in intraday as well.

PS: for me intraday afl is incomplete without vwap bands so didn test it standalone for intraday.

Dear oldtrader,Happy to see such helping nature of you.I want to use this AFL(Post#36) for positional trading in nifty options.Please suggest in which TF it works best and what are the basics we have to look for before entering a trade.Please guide..

oldtrader

[/B]
Dear oldtrader,Happy to see such helping nature of you.I want to use this AFL(Post#36) for positional trading in nifty options.Please suggest in which TF it works best and what are the basics we have to look for before entering a trade.Please guide..

I had already mentioned the TF as 7 min. Please use the same it it is very good.

There is too much volatility now, because of the RBI event on Tuesday, Better wait till Tuesday evening before entering a trade.

Rule of Thumb is to PURCHASE an option costing around Rs. 50 as soon as the Signal is triggered. Exit the option as and when you are getting the double of your purchase value or when the signal reverses. I will post a live example of the current trade to make things clear, today evening.

Meanwhile please post here as and when you have entered a trade based on fractal AFL, so that I may let you know if there is some misunderstanding the process. It will also be helpful to traders who will tread the same path you have taken and the journey will be easier for them.