Need help growing 2 Crores

murthymsr

I am not intrested in Mutual Funds actually. So my first preference is Share Market.

@aditya, add me at [email protected]
Hi sarao,

Looks like you are too anxious to quickly jump into share market, and that too with little knowledge about the same.

Anyway, the market is very near to it's peak and after the annual results by end April, the market may have very little to cheer about in the near future. This may not be a good time to enter in.

I feel you may look out for other avenues of short term investment and come back to stock market at a later time.

In the mean time, you may improve your knowledge by going through Traderji and other resources.

After acquiring enough knowledge, you may invest a small amount (Less than 1%) to get the real feel.

That experience will give you the necesary direction to where and how to proceed.

Of course your money may be 'idle' (giving less yield like in FD); better it is idle than it is NOT there.

As the amount is large and out of the sale proceeds of a land/house etc, you may need to consult a tax consultant before a trader/investor.

I wish you will take all opinion and take your own 'informed decision', as ultimately you will be the affected.

All the best.

simple_trader

It is not advisable to trade with such a big money :) May be you can keep your money in FD, and try trading with whatever interest pay out happens to your account. In that way, you do not put your principal amount in risk.

Ok. From what I can see here. No one actually is suggesting me to invest in stocks. So what other options apart from MF I have ? In short term.

No MFs, Thats because I do not want to block my money for 3 years.

SavantGarde

Sarao,

Wise Investing Requires One To Be Patient...Almost Like A Predator Waiting For The Prey To Pounce On....In Normal Market Condition You Will Get Atleast Two Opportunities
During A Year To Get In & Exit...As Far As Investing Is Concerned.

To Start With....Look At Some Tax Free RBI Bonds & Some Infrastructure Bonds To Get Started For About 20-25% Of Of Your Available Cash.

Pay Special Attention To Index & Stock Futures....Where You Can Trade Positional...With About 10% Of Your Capital....Before You Take The Plunge Study The Futures Market Carfeully & Thoroughly.

Also, You May Start With Buying Some Gold ETF...Where You Can Take An Exposure Of About 10-15% Of Available Capital.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Ok. From what I can see here. No one actually is suggesting me to invest in stocks. So what other options apart from MF I have ? In short term.

bunny

Hi Sarao,

I am giving your a frank opinion after observing your posts. You are not prepared to jumped into the stock market. Someone has already pointed out it before in this thread itself.

To me, you come across as a very naive, gullible and vulnerable novice.

Take my advise and do not contact random people on yahoo or gmail, and do not either accept any such invitations.

2 cr is a big amount, and I suggest that you should seek advice without disclosing your capital. There are too many "Bunty and Bubly" in this field and you have to protect yourself against them. Otherwise, you will learn the hard way that "A fool and his money are soon separated".

Put your money is some fixed deposits or elsewhere where there is small but assured growth. Don't get greedy and think that your 2 cr would grow to 4 cr.

Don't be offended, I have just tried to tell you in "simple harmless words" what some others would have told you by "reducing your bank balance".

You do not seem prepared to walk the street with so much load on your shoulders. Either you are immature for this, or you are so overwhelmed emotionally that you have become greedy and lost the ability to think rationally and practically.

What experience you will get by trading with 2 cr, you will get the same by trading with 20K. So don't bite more than what you can chew.

SavantGarde

Like Bunny Pointed Out From 'Continental Shelf To Deep Ocean'....

Allow Me To Elaborate.....If Forex Is Traded Foolishly....You Can Stand To Loose All Your Capital....Faster Than You Can You Can Write 2 Crores...

Step Back...For A While Look At All The Opportunites That Are There In Front Of You....Take Time To Evaluate....Everything & Then Start Taking Some Baby Steps....& No...No...To Forex....For Next Couple Of Years

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Thanx for the advice. I think I should back off the idea of stock trading. So tell me one thing, how good is forex trade?