Need advice on Mutual funds selection

What made you come to that conclusion?
Facts made me come to that conclusion.
Invested in Top 200 three years ago. Lumpsum. Got out two months ago at breakeven. No gain.
Parked some money two years ago in HDFC 1 year Fixed Deposit with quarterly interest reinvested earned me return of nearly 12% in a year. Renewed for another year and with no withdrawal, net return is over 10%.

HDFC Top 200 was good for me three years back. Not any more. In my opinion, fund is too big to manage.

Facts made me come to that conclusion.
Invested in Top 200 three years ago. Lumpsum. Got out two months ago at breakeven. No gain.
Parked some money two years ago in HDFC 1 year Fixed Deposit with quarterly interest reinvested earned me return of nearly 12% in a year. Renewed for another year and with no withdrawal, net return is over 10%.

HDFC Top 200 was good for me three years back. Not any more. In my opinion, fund is too big to manage.
I am invested in HDFC Top 200 for the past 20 months. Only difference is that I decided to go through the SIP route. I have earned close to 20% absolute returns on my investment so far which I believe are decent. Also since more than 2/3 of the capital gains are long term now, there is no tax either.

Maybe you entered lump-sum, that could be the problem. In my opinion, lump-sum investments in equity funds are futile unless you can genuinely predict where the markets are headed.

For long term investment investing in equities would be a good approach. Long-Term Investors are patient investors, one needs to stick to the invested mutual fund as long as there is no fundamental 'negative' changes even if the particular stock goes out-of-favour in the market.