Need a mentor

AW,
Thank you. I've been there in the past and know what it feels like.......still fight my emotions every now and then chasing the market when I shouldn't and losing patience. But my routines and rituals, if followed well keeps me grounded. Maybe you can identify with me here too...
I've realized that one can't be enough on guard about trading particularly short term. We can go to a traditional 8 to 5 job or even own a business and create income if we're sick or not fully fit but we can't afford that in trading.

I feel it's my duty to share whatever I can, afterall there's no point in living for ourselves. When we share, we not only help others but it also reinforces what we've learnt. Sometime's it's easy to forget these fundamentals particularly when it comes to day-to-day behavior in relation to the market.
Regards
Shreenath

Shreenath,
Outstanding reply by you to one of Linkon's post. That reply deserves more then a click on thanks button..
Truly appreciate the effort that u have taken in righting the content.
"Real Diamond" post that is difficult to come across frequently.

Let them flow whenever u can manage time to respond. I am getting addicted to reading your posts..

Happy Trading.

linkon7

Shreenath,
I have selected the system i want to trade for the rest of the month and only then i'll evaluate the performance. I tried to make is simple and effective. I decided to post the system on the forum so that I get feedback from others who might try it and bring out further development. Many eyes on the system can beat the living day light out of it or make it tradable. I hope you take out the time to look at the system.

Now, time frame set is 1 month, system is selected. Kept it simple and stupid. hardly need to think during trading kind of system. Initial target is to be able to put in trades and execute them properly. Amount of points made will be decided by the market. Honestly dont care how many points come. As long as i am able to execute the trades to my satisfaction, i'll be happy.

This month i have decide to test my mental ability. How strong and consistent can i be with my trades.

I would love to have your views about what i plan to do now. If possible go through the system and see if its dependable.

Thanks....

AW10

Linkon, do you mean the system described in this thread is the one that u trading for next 1 month..
GOOD PROFIT: Hedged nifty positions with straddle... ( or something else.

I have seen couple of other threads from you so a bit confused..

Happy Trading

Linkon,
Could you please post the link which has precise entry, exit, risk/reward related parameters.....? Thanks
Shreenath

Shreenath,
I have selected the system i want to trade for the rest of the month and only then i'll evaluate the performance. I tried to make is simple and effective. I decided to post the system on the forum so that I get feedback from others who might try it and bring out further development. Many eyes on the system can beat the living day light out of it or make it tradable. I hope you take out the time to look at the system.

Now, time frame set is 1 month, system is selected. Kept it simple and stupid. hardly need to think during trading kind of system. Initial target is to be able to put in trades and execute them properly. Amount of points made will be decided by the market. Honestly dont care how many points come. As long as i am able to execute the trades to my satisfaction, i'll be happy.

This month i have decide to test my mental ability. How strong and consistent can i be with my trades.

I would love to have your views about what i plan to do now. If possible go through the system and see if its dependable.

Thanks....

WOD

Dear Linkon, may be I am not mature enough to write this post for you but cant help myself writting this.I am very strongly aggre with LUE.

You got to feel the way you want to be. Take my example, I am already feel like the best trader Dalal street has ever seen or like a billionair flying his chopper (yes I do)....and this attitude in me comes from the unshakable belief that I have in myself. From first day of life, I know only one thing;" success at any cost" and have always achieved whatever I want because of my sheer determination and focus despite of having to go through extremely tough situation at this age.

If you look around, none of the billionaires you see are IIM or IIT or harvard graduates....they are the one who had tremendous determination to be a achiever, a wish to stand out of crowd and more than anything else they had 100 % trust in themselves.......

Alright, what if I have lost lacks within one year, I can always get them back multiplied by 1000's times......I am commited, focused and smart enough, so why should I worry?

Finally a quote I seen some 10 years back which still inspires me,

"TO be a champion you got to act like the champion atleast pretend like a champion"

All the best......Nothing is impossible if you have strength withing and you believe it.....

Shreenath,
Thanks for opening a whole new dimension for me. Need to work on this new path from now on. I am still fixated on the methodology part. Finding out that one pattern seems tougher than i thought. Problem is, visual back testing at EOD gives such good results that i feel stupid at not being able to see that real time. Its like my eyes mourns the missed opportunity so much that new opportunity passed by in front of my eyes and becomes visible only after EOD.

Psychology of Awareness & Self Discipline are the area i need to work on instead of the methodology part. A carpenter need to learn carpentry before he concentrates on the tools. Tools can only help in giving result to the thought process and that has become my new gray area.

Is'nt this a paradox? How can i convince myself to feel good about myself when deep down i know that i dont ( yet ) have the pattern that i rely upon for the rest of my life. How can i concentrate on breathing exercise when i know i am not ready for battle.

I guess, its definitely the other way round. A healthly mind can grasp things faster. think faster. Act without thinking.

Like you said, action leads to self image and that dictates how i approach any challenges in life. Changing my habit of thought will take at least 6 months and wont happen in a few days. so now IF i want to change my pattern of thinking and slowly incorporate discipline, i HAVE to change my routine. I could use a lot of guidance from you on this regard.

This is the most difficult part. Accepting responsibility for every trade that went wrong. Every time i hold myself responsible for a bad trade, my self image takes a beating. I write it down and next time i repeat it again (and again) i curse myself for the lack of discipline. Then i feel the urge to bring in some improvement in the system i follow and start working on that instead. The fault is with my discipline and not my system.

This is exactly what i have been doing all this time. I develop a system, give it to a trader friend of mine and he loves it. He trades it with good success and i fail to achieve half of what he does.

Then i sit and develop a new one and show it to him and he is even more impressed and performs even better. While i sit and sulk the whole day.

LUCK = Labor Under Correct Knowledge.

I still am doubtful if i have the correct knowledge. Because i doubt the basis of my actions, success always eludes me.

Maybe, one year down the line, i will be looking back at this post and smile at recollecting my own journey in this business.

But right now i need all the help i can get from you. I can learn from my own mistakes or learn from the experience of other who had made the same mistakes. I am sure you have successfully overcome this phase and when you read my post, you can identify areas i need to work on.

Thanks once again for opening a whole new dimension for me.

Linkon,
Nice to know that things're better than what you might have meant in your post. I still haven't had the time to go through your post yet. Been busy and still need to do books for this week and also complete my analysis for Monday.

Please response in red below:
Don't worry about success; if you're committed enough its inevitable but worrying/getting ..on your nerves won't serve you. Whats worry? Worrying is negative goal setting......have you ever thought about it that way? The last part you're talking about related to not following rules, lack of confidence etc can be handled through certain things in the first two categories of your business......but on physical change to improve confidence is intense back testing....so that statistically speaking you have a system you can rely upon. Will get back to you later..or tomorrow

Keep smiling and the whole world will smile at you!
Regards
Shreenath
There was a cricketer by the name Shreenath in the Indian team arnd 4-5 yrs back and I was a gr8 fan of him. Similarly, I have become a gr8 fan of yours as well Shreenath. Looks like this name has got fame attached to it :)

Hello there,
I believe you're talking about J. Srinath, originally from Mysore. Yeah, he was very fast, nippy and India never utilized him the way he was supposed to be. He was overbowled and they dropped a lot of catches of his bowling; also he had very little support from the other end save for a few tests when Prasad was bowling well. Imagine if he had someone like Kapil Dev at the other end.

Thank you for taking the time to read. These subjects about psychology of awareness, self discipline and trading in general are too vast; very hard to keep them short.

Thank you once again
Shreenath

There was a cricketer by the name Shreenath in the Indian team arnd 4-5 yrs back and I was a gr8 fan of him. Similarly, I have become a gr8 fan of yours as well Shreenath. Looks like this name has got fame attached to it :)

linkon7

Linkon, do you mean the system described in this thread is the one that u trading for next 1 month..
GOOD PROFIT: Hedged nifty positions with straddle... ( or something else.

I have seen couple of other threads from you so a bit confused..

Happy Trading
Linkon,
Could you please post the link which has precise entry, exit, risk/reward related parameters.....? Thanks
Shreenath

Here is the link of the system....
plan to post my trades and my progress here...

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/31332-linkons-day-trading-strategy.html#post342718

linkon7

Dear Linkon, may be I am not mature enough to write this post for you but cant help myself writting this.I am very strongly aggre with LUE.

You got to feel the way you want to be. Take my example, I am already feel like the best trader Dalal street has ever seen or like a billionair flying his chopper (yes I do)....and this attitude in me comes from the unshakable belief that I have in myself. From first day of life, I know only one thing;" success at any cost" and have always achieved whatever I want because of my sheer determination and focus despite of having to go through extremely tough situation at this age.

If you look around, none of the billionaires you see are IIM or IIT or harvard graduates....they are the one who had tremendous determination to be a achiever, a wish to stand out of crowd and more than anything else they had 100 % trust in themselves.......

Alright, what if I have lost lacks within one year, I can always get them back multiplied by 1000's times......I am commited, focused and smart enough, so why should I worry?

Finally a quote I seen some 10 years back which still inspires me,

"TO be a champion you got to act like the champion atleast pretend like a champion"

All the best......Nothing is impossible if you have strength withing and you believe it.....
Thanks....! But confidence can only come from screen time and experience. I need to know my gray areas so that i can work on them. Confidently doing the wrong thing wont give you confidence.

You see, I gave up a high paying job in an Airlines in Mumbai to start my own business. First thing I realised when i came to Kolkata is that i know nothing about doing a business. I dont know sales, office administration, nothing. I decided to learn salesmanship the hard way. Door to door salesman. What a massive demotion but my objective was clear. In six months, i had to become the best salesman on the job. you know how easy it is to sell a spoon set to a lady who is itching to slam the door on your face. I survived and learnt from them. I had my first lesson on ego balming from here. My objective was much bigger.

Then i decided to move on. Entered credit card sales. The person taking my interview was taken aback by my confidence. I asked him what the highest submission was till date and said i can better that in 2 months flat or else i wont take my salary. If i better that, i'll take twice the pay offered. His name was Rajesh-da and he became my early mentors. In 6 months, i was running his office and he decided to open a second franchise with me as the head.

Thats when i decided i have to move on. Rented a place and started my own business. This time i knew exactly what the field guys felt and how to motivate them. Slowly, i moved on.

Today i have a computer repair centre and recently bought a showroom.

Bottom-line, Knowledge is the key. That gives you confidence. That makes you the champion. True with this line too. "LUCK : Labour Under Correct Knowledge." is the mantra....here.

Linkon,
So sorry. I went back and found some more on that thread. Will read it and respond. Please ignore the following:
Shreenath

Linkon,
I believe you posted a code for your system in that thread. I'm not familiar with any Indian based broker's platform yet. Is it possible to translate it so that even a layman can understand? The reason here is two fold:
1. Hopefully I can understand the sequence of your trading plan.
2. I'm also trying to convey the idea that one's trading plan should be in writing and very simple for anyone to understand and this applies to your subconscious......no ambiguity...just clear and simple.

YOu can post it in that link and I'll add that thread to my list.

Wish you an outstanding day
Regards
Shreenath

Here is the link of the system....
plan to post my trades and my progress here...

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/31332-linkons-day-trading-strategy.html#post342718

Last edited: