nac Calling JOBBERS/SCALPERS

TraderRavi

low risk profile
nac..please update your journey...now a days you are not active in your thread....but in shrawan's thread...;)

Hi Nac,

I intend to be a scalper and as all the scalperI was looking for the cheapest broker. At first all roads led to RK Global, but now ther eis a new lpayer in town named Zerodha.

They charge 20/per trade, for more information; please have a look at the link :
http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/47790-zerodha.html

This is a game changer. This could help us being the scalper we wish to be.. but I would rather be a scalper in Futures and Options than in Equity.

What do you say, if you are still trading wanna give this a go.?

Cheers
Ars

alroyraj

Hi Nac,

I intend to be a scalper and as all the scalperI was looking for the cheapest broker. At first all roads led to RK Global, but now ther eis a new lpayer in town named Zerodha.

They charge 20/per trade, for more information; please have a look at the link :
http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/47790-zerodha.html

This is a game changer. This could help us being the scalper we wish to be.. but I would rather be a scalper in Futures and Options than in Equity.

What do you say, if you are still trading wanna give this a go.?

Cheers
Ars
Nothing better than this. You can start with mini nifty and try to get 5 points at a time. Needs around 22k intraday. Futures is most suitable for scalping.
Best of using a discount broker like zerodha is that you can move on to high liquid stocks and cut the breakeven drastically . Eg in SBi typically breakeven is some 4.6 points whereas in Zerodha you can scalp this amount.

Thank Alroyraj,

Now that I have found the broker for scalping, all I need is to find the HIGHLY LIQUID stocks...

So any guidance.. how can i find them?

Regards
ARsh

Nothing better than this. You can start with mini nifty and try to get 5 points at a time. Needs around 22k intraday. Futures is most suitable for scalping.
Best of using a discount broker like zerodha is that you can move on to high liquid stocks and cut the breakeven drastically . Eg in SBi typically breakeven is some 4.6 points whereas in Zerodha you can scalp this amount.

anuragmunjal

hi

If u check my post on page one of this thread, I have mentioned Adroit as one of the brokers I have worked with, it is also the second name in the list that u have provided. Adroit has the biggest jobber base in delhi. at one point in time it had more than 600 active jobbers of which atleast 20 were A grade jobbers. if someone like Adroit is managing to buy n sell only 1,91,782 shares of a very liquid, highly volatile stock today, I can assure u that times for jobbers is not good.

regards[/QUOTE
]

hi Nac

just to reiterate my point and to show that jobbing is possible if u use a disciplined approach, I am posting a link which has the screen shot of today's trades in a new listing sypl. keep in mind that I have tried my hand at jobbing after many months, hence was a bit rusty and started off with very small quantities.

regards

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/anurag.png/

hi

If u check my post on page one of this thread, I have mentioned Adroit as one of the brokers I have worked with, it is also the second name in the list that u have provided. Adroit has the biggest jobber base in delhi. at one point in time it had more than 600 active jobbers of which atleast 20 were A grade jobbers. if someone like Adroit is managing to buy n sell only 1,91,782 shares of a very liquid, highly volatile stock today, I can assure u that times for jobbers is not good.

regards[/QUOTE
]

hi Nac

just to reiterate my point and to show that jobbing is possible if u use a disciplined approach, I am posting a link which has the screen shot of today's trades in a new listing sypl. keep in mind that I have tried my hand at jobbing after many months, hence was a bit rusty and started off with very small quantities.

regards

Yes you are right on your side...jobbing is a very tough and mind set has to be just right...i know when it comes to jobbing decisions has to be lighting fast and thats very very tough..i agree with what u
said

There is a old article i read in business line hope its worth reading.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/life/2004/08/06/stories/2004080600010100.htm

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/life/2004/08/06/stories/2004080600020100.htm

alroyraj

Thank Alroyraj,

Now that I have found the broker for scalping, all I need is to find the HIGHLY LIQUID stocks...

So any guidance.. how can i find them?

Regards
ARsh
It is easy to find out. Every business paper has the list of highest traded scripts. Event the NSE site has it.
Typically includes Tata Motors,Tata Steel,TCS, Infy, BHEL,LIC Housing Finance etc.This strategy can be used along ith the so called high ATR based strategy refered by Colombus (on this forum) .Others like SBI, ONGC,RIL, SBI,ICICI Bank too though these need to be traded with caution since they move fast (assuming you are starting out).

Hi Anurag,

Call me immature (relativley ofcourse.. :) ) but i cant make out a thing from the image posted.

I cant make out what quantity you bought, at what price and at what price you sold?

Please enlighten me.

Regards
Arsh

hi

regards[/QUOTE
]

hi Nac

regards

Hi Alroyraj,

Currently I am trying my hands at the Nifty options which have probably the highest volume..

but actually I think I could try the scripts mentioned by you.

On advantage, I think they might have is that they are not restricted by the lotsize. So it might work in the favor of a scalper.. (but please do bear in mind, if it not had been because of the discount broker, I might wanted to stick to the Options.)

I will start the paper trading for a month with the below script and update with my progress.. after a month(sorry i dont like giving daily updates).

Regards
Arsh

It is easy to find out. Every business paper has the list of highest traded scripts. Event the NSE site has it.
Typically includes Tata Motors,Tata Steel,TCS, Infy, BHEL,LIC Housing Finance etc.This strategy can be used along ith the so called high ATR based strategy refered by Colombus (on this forum) .Others like SBI, ONGC,RIL, SBI,ICICI Bank too though these need to be traded with caution since they move fast (assuming you are starting out).