My paper trades in options

suri112000

This is again theory....
Can you bring in a paper trade based on these or you can explain your current paper trade in relation to OI logic/pcr/or volume principles which you mentioned.
Make a sync between theory and trade.
When the deltas of shorted CE are threatened, I needed to act so I hedged it with futures for creating positive deltas. I have had other options such as selling PEs to neutralise the Delta (I did not consider this option because of low IV of PEs) or converting the side into debit spread. But, I chose the hedging with futures as I saw lot of OI unwinding in CE side paving way for upside move. Absolutely there is no guessing or anticipation of upside move. My decision to add futures could have been wrong. But that is the way market behaves throwing full of surprises at us. We have nothing to do except to tune ourselves to the rhythms of market.

Last edited:

mohan.sic

When the deltas of shorted CE are threatened, I needed to act so I hedged it with futures for creating positive deltas. I have had other options such as selling PEs to neutralise the Delta (I did not consider this option because of low IV of PEs) or converting the side into debit spread. But, I chose the hedging with futures as I saw lot of OI unwinding in CE side paving way for upside move. Absolutely there is no guessing or anticipation of upside move. My decision to add futures could have been wrong. But that is the way market behaves throwing full of surprises at us. We have nothing to do except to tune ourselves to the rhythms of market.
Though it's paper trade, all positions taken should be posted at the same time.
Nifty futures long position was not mentioned at the time of trade.

suri112000

Though it's paper trade, all positions taken should be posted at the same time.
Nifty futures long position was not mentioned at the time of trade.
I am trying to test my knowledge at the option positions and management. Whats the wrong even if i miss posting it here in time as I was busy in other real works. I will use this information to devise my strategies when I trade with real money. I will post as and when i feel free. If you find this is not interesting to you, you can go to other threads which are of interest to you. But, this is the way I do here.

gemat

Suriji, when you see negative COI in PE, this means longs are unwinding and could taken as sign of bullishness?

Last edited:

suri112000

Suriji, when you see negative COI in PE, this means longs are unwinding and could taken as sign of bullishness?
If change in OI on PE side is increasing, the traders are building positions to guard against drop in price. It is inferred that more and more traders are writing PEs to benefit from halt in prices or bullish move.

Similarly, if you see a change of OI on CE ie increasing, traders are building a strong resistance zone. In other words, more and more traders are writing CEs to benefit from halt in prices or bearish move.

gemat

https://www.nseindia.com/live_marke...-&segmentLink=17&symbolCount=2&segmentLink=17

thank you, bulls will protect the bottom of the range and bears top of the range. just take a look at the NSE option chain. there is heavy PE Squaring off, COI is negative, how do u read this?

'When the CE NET CHG +ve and the COI +Ve - Bullish - Long Build
When the CE NET CHG +ve and the COI -Ve - Bullish - Short unwinding
When the PE NET CHG +ve and the COI +Ve - Bearish - Long build
When the PE NET CHG +ve and the COI -Ve - Bullish - Long unwinding'

this is what i found on another Traderjithread.