Paper Trading: Positional Trades on Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
I am good at intraday trades but I have been a looser when it comes to swing/positional trades. So I am going to paper trade my positional trades for some time here.

Virtual Capital: 2 lac

Risk Capital: Won't buy above 40,000.

Trading instruments: NSE Indices and Stocks option contracts.

Preference: Stock options > Nifty Options > Bank Nifty Options

Strategy: Not a single strategy. Will be different strategy for different trades. Usually candles based on EOD Daily 1 year charts and Weekly 3 year charts and some will be based on hourly charts too.

Time frame: 1 day to until expiry. Can't hold more than that :D

Will be taking trades from tomorrow onwards. Will post charts if possible. End of the month will analyse performance.

Wish me all the best :thumb:

Last edited:
@Simplebuthard

Good initiative from your side in your market and no problem about virtual trades, as you tell that they are virtual trades. :):thumb:

May I ask: Are you able to post any screen shoots from any option strategy software you use (Maybe Option Oracle) to educate followers of this thread about how option strategies are visually traded? You not have to explain what is seen, just posting the screen shoots with the legs will do the job.

Take care, enjoy the day and of course: All the best / Dan :)

A short series, it's the same for November (19 sessions). Since these are paper trades, and since you are considering overnight positions, why not also look at selling options ?? Options can be traded both ways with 2 lakhs capital, and the flexibility will give you a much wider field to trade. I don't mean that you should only sell options, but have a choice as the trade presents itself - whether buy or sell.

Edit : You can also look at USDINR options. They will cost maybe upto Rs. 1000 for buying and maybe Rs. 2500 for selling.

A short series, it's the same for November (19 sessions). Since these are paper trades, and since you are considering overnight positions, why not also look at selling options ?? Options can be traded both ways with 2 lakhs capital, and the flexibility will give you a much wider field to trade. I don't mean that you should only sell options, but have a choice as the trade presents itself - whether buy or sell.
Let's wait about that as he tells: Will be different strategy for different trades ;):):clapping:

simplebuthard

@Simplebuthard

Good initiative from your side in your market and no problem about virtual trades, as you tell that they are virtual trades. :):thumb:

May I ask: Are you able to post any screen shoots from any option strategy software you use (Maybe Option Oracle) to educate followers of this thread about how option strategies are visually traded? You not have to explain what is seen, just posting the screen shoots with the legs will do the job.

Take care, enjoy the day and of course: All the best / Dan :)
I try to post charts for all trades. But i don't have any such softwares. But I try to be as much as useful for others too to learn something from following my thread.

I try to post charts for all trades. But i don't have any such softwares. But I try to be as much as useful for others too to learn something from following my thread.
Never mind as your good will and your clear words about what you plan to do is already worth any respect. :):thumb:

simplebuthard

Edit : You can also look at USDINR options. They will cost maybe upto Rs. 1000 for buying and maybe Rs. 2500 for selling.
I am just going to be buyer in options. No shorting trades here. I have not tracking continuously the currency pairs, just started to learn them so no trades on that too here.

I am just going to be buyer in options. No shorting trades here. I have not tracking continuously the currency pairs, just started to learn them so no trades on that too here.
May I ask: According to that post: What kind of long option strategies you have in mind to test? Will you leg in or will you implement them at once?

mostly naked calls or puts...sometimes hedge with call or put, sometimes CE+PE pairs....thats all....may be i am being novice on strategies for some of the experts here.:lol:
The future will show about that :) and I guess most already wait for your first example you will show. :clapping:

It is not how complicate a strategy can be traded: It is how we trade what we know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.