My Journey In Technical Analysis

XRAY27

Swing trading and positional trading difficulties

Many experienced and also new traders,wanna trade swing,benefits of it is it can catch large moves:) ,but will eat the accounts with large counter gaps many traders blown there account in this process:mad:,rather then countering it, people always cry on market manipulations,i'm not an exception:DD 2 years back i was also afraid of positional trading,now trading it from past 2 years swing/positional without fear with scaling of qty.just giving the points on which i have build my system.:cool:

1. Design a system with Higher time frame for trend and entry should be lower time frame.

2. SL should be at half of SL of HTF..suppose if SL in HTF is 150 pts..LTF should be 50 % of that.

3. Black swan events or erratic gaps can be spotted with VIX

4. Back test the system in difficult years watching the VIX,check the equity curve

5. With a properly developed systematic trading strategy, real-time trading performance should conform in general to that of the statistical
profile of performance.

VJAY

Dear xray brother,
Can you please share your findings on looking vix and expect gaps

XRAY27

Dear xray brother,
Can you please share your findings on looking vix and expect gaps
It looks simple ,but it needs lot of hard work and steps are below...this is for index .tested for 10 years

1. First Mark all the gap days below/above PDL and PDH

2. Study the VIX on the day porior to Gap days..

3. Plan SL according to that,which should be in your method.

For stocks ,we can only limit it to 10 stocks after the study

1. Not done the Narrow range days

2. Study the BO in forms of GAPs

3. Plan SL according to it .

Bottom line: If you not gonna do it,we have no right to trade swing or positional IMO,this won't guarantee that we can avoid all counter gaps,but prevents upto 60 %..

XRAY27

Swing system is protecting trade from counter Gap with 70 % strike rate,but large profits are going in Air...:rolleyes:,i should follow it as it is ,once the erratic behavior stops in market..it will be smooth in swing segment :couchpotato:...

XRAY27

Oct series Performance :

NF swing : +632 pts ,
BNF swing: -229,
Intra BNF +1021 ,volatility was high ,in intra, just three trades turned the table.

Last edited:

VJAY

Oct series Performance :

NF swing : +632 pts ,
BNF swing: -229,
Intra BNF +1021 ,volatility was high ,in intra, just three trades turned the table.
Ahh nice xray bro....you captured good points in bnf intra....

XRAY27

Bhai !!! Acting like slave to the system, stopped all kujili trading :DD...once in a while mind tells me to act:blackalien:,but just following the system..

Ahh nice xray bro....you captured good points in bnf intra....
Vjay !!! as i told just three trades turned the table,if i missed any of the trades ,then intra would ended in negative o_O

XRAY27

One should always remember

I don’t think that there exists any secret method ...profitable traders don’t trade readymade systems.The profitable systems are based on sound logic,study of human behaviour ,rigorous backtesting and perfect execution all comes through hard work and practice.

Smart_trade

Last edited: