My Journey In Technical Analysis

XRAY27

Trading styles till now (covered every thing below in different threads nothing new)

1. Intra day trading with 3 mins (D/S with MP,Vwap,atp as core) BNF

2. Swing trading hourly (VP base),NF,BNF

3. Positional entries in NF and BNF (RF in daily time frame),NF,BNF

New one for stock positional

4. Stock positional with simple 13,62 200 EMA along with volume study(VSA) added from April this year ...

Last edited:

XRAY27

Stock Positional..in simple terms i may not catch whole move but, its ok for my psychology ..
13.png

XRAY27

TREND FOLLOWING

“Let’s break down the term trend following into its components. The first part is trend. Every trader needs a trend to make money. If you think about it, no matter what the technique, if there is not a trend after you buy, then you will not be able to sell at higher prices – following’is the next part of the term. We use this word because trend followers always wait for the trend to shift first, then follow it.” – Van Tharp

XRAY27

“Successful trading is about consistently doing the difficult thing so often that it becomes second nature.” – Richard Weissman

Pulling the trigger on a trade is the easy part…just the tip of the iceberg. Once you are in a trade, you are at the mercy of the market. You gave up control.

But the real key is concentrating on what you can control. Make sure to eliminate areas that can sabotage your success as a trader.

Do everything possible to focus on what you have direct control over. Look at your processes. Setup a trading plan. Backtest. Create a risk management strategy. Make sure your positions are sized correctly. Focus on your mindset.

Like Peter Brandt, accept the fact that you can’t control whether a trade is going to be profitable…but make sure to concentrate on the areas that you can control and then trust that over time, you can come out ahead over the long haul. --by Glenn Drewes.

XRAY27

June (series) is worst month in intra with -677 pts / swing -348 in bnf and -168 pts in NF /positional NF+90 ,BNF -69 pts adding all costs...:mad::mad:o_O

Last edited:

Snake.Head

June (series) is worst month in intra with -677 pts / swing -348 in bnf and -168 pts in NF /positional NF+90 ,BNF -69 pts adding all costs...:mad::mad:o_O
It was tough for all,That what i have been hearing from frd's too
You have more experience than me market and already might doing this.
I do this recap every/month end
What did you do right this week/month?
What did you do wrong this week/month?
What is one thing you can do to improve your trading for next week/month?

Another one thing i learned from smb mike was to learn failed trade.Why trade failed and how it trapped me and what market leader where doing
adding those clue,is helping me little by little

Last edited:

XRAY27

It was tough for all,That what i have been hearing from frd's too
You have more experience than me market and already might doing this.
I do this recap every/month end
What did you do right this week/month?
What did you do wrong this week/month?
What is one thing you can do to improve your trading for next week/month?

Another one thing i learned from smb mike was to learn failed trade.Why he failed and how it trapped me and what market leader where doing
adding those clue,is helping me little by little
Hmm !!! Trend trading is the method i trade and if traded properly, you will have lots of small losses, a few small gains, and a few big winners ... this is what i understood..!!! thanks for suggestion !!!

Last edited:

travi

Now XRayji should head another thread on mean reversion :)

All of us trend traders seem to have had a tough month. In fact May was also very volatile but the bottom-line was saved due to a few directional large moves.

From Tapatalk