My daytrading

Did my thread made any difference to your trading?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raghavacc

Market repeats same action...It needs just an observation.....Problem is we look at money not at the chart.

Nifty 27-4-2011

Nifty 28-4-2011

Nifty 29-4-2011

Nifty 2-5-2011

DanPickUp

May I ask about the date in the chart ? 26-May-2011 or do I misinterpret this letters and numbers ? :confused:

Or do you post from the future about the future ?

Raghavacc

Hello Raghav,
Could you please explain the role of 21SMA in our trading?

Thanks
Bala
BALA,

Point No 1:I myself, no more make use of moving Avergaes in my trading. Earlier I did use them .My experience with them are not so good especially in daytrading.In my previous post I detailed 4 pillars of my trading on any TF.

Point No.2: SMA,EMA etc are more effective when they are used as a measure of suuport and resistance ( I don't have chart right now. I will show the same going forward).Some traders take only long positions if the price is above particular moving average and vice versa for taking short positions.Such discretion/tweaking may enhance the efficiency of systems/results.

Point No.3:Longer the time frame ,more will be the relevance of Moving averages.
That's how some traders trade moving averages.Green = 21SMA, yellow = 10SMA.Its 30 Min chart. Once 10SMA crosses 21 SMA downside see what happens. Everytime it pulls back to 10SMA price gravitates down.So the people who follow this method short each time price pulls back to 10sma ( Not necesarily be 10 sma.You can use any average that you are comfortable with) .Vice versa for uptrend.
I have seen people doing it wonderfully in Forex.I am not sure whether there are any people doing it in Indian markets .Higher the TF ,better will be the result.

However If you dare to do it on 5 Min ,be ready for BP check up....

Raghavacc

May I ask about the date in the chart ? 26-May-2011 or do I misinterpret this letters and numbers ? :confused:

Or do you post from the future about the future ?
Dan - You are overworked today. Please go home and watch TV or read some joke books...:lol:

26 May is date of contract expiry.....

Raghavacc

Re: The event which opened my eye towards breakout's

Being impatient, being frustrated,in pursuit of being first,in the fear of missing people rush and make irrational decisions in life as well as trading. Almost 99% of the crowd.Their mind is conditioned. Its hard to changeThats why experienced people say dont follow the crowd dont follow the herd

Most people trade breakouts in the same way .The moment they see a breakout they jump in and get trapped..They are not patient enough to wait for a retest or breakout failure..The hole is created not by market but by impatience,frustration and trying to be first and a feeling of "missing something

Life teaches so many lessons every day.. Thats why I say go thoughtlessobserve nature ...takeout the garbage from inside

Raghavacc

We shall try to understand the term called "spread" and how it results in big moves.

Lets not try to deal in high language.We shall keep it simple.According to me a spread is a length of a particular order/collective orders.

Lets take an example. Say Market is making down move and say Nifty is at 5475 .Now say we want to buy 100 lots of Nifty between 5500 -5550. Now what I do is like this.

I place my order like this:
Quantity - 100 lots
Trigger price :5500
Limit price : 5550

A trigger price refers to a price if triggered or reached results in execution of our orders.So that means If Nifty reaches 5500 level our orders start executing.

What about limit price.It is a price beyond which we don't want to buy. Its a Max limit,seal,cap.Why limit? because we don't want to be buying too high as we want market to move up. Rule: buy low sell high. So in this case we don't want to buy over and above 5550.
So the difference between A Limit price i.e:5550 and the trigger price i.e:5500 i.e:50 points is called as spread in this case.

Another question :Why 50 points spread?Answer is :I want to buy 100 lots and I may not have 100 lots of sell orders ( To match my buy orders ) at 5500.Hence I am putting a spread or net.Its like a fisher man spreading across his net across a diameter of the sea.He knows if he puts his net at a single place he won't get enough fishes or he may not get the fish at all.

Now what? The 100 orders may get executed like this.

20 Orders executed @ 5500
12 Orders executed @ 5510
15 Orders executed @ 5515
10 Orders executed @ 5528
5 Orders executed @ 5535
6 Orders executed @ 5540
12 Orders executed @ 5547
20 Orders executed @ 5550
Total = 100 Lots of Nifty bought starting from 5500 to 5550.Thats how spread works. Reverse it for selling orders.

Last edited:

gunavadhi

respected Raghavacc, made some changes in your last post according to my understanding.maybe this is wrong.tell me if its not ok and maybe i can delet this reply.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We shall try to understand the term called "spread" and how it results in big moves.

Lets not try to deal in high language.We shall keep it simple.According to me a spread is a length of a particular order/collective orders.

Lets take an example. Say Market is making down move and say Nifty is at 5475 .Now say we want to buy 100 lots of Nifty between 5500 -5550. Now what I do is like this.

Quantity - 100 lots

A trigger price refers to a price if triggered or reached results in execution of our orders.So that means If Nifty reaches 5500 level our orders start executing.

What about limit price.It is a price beyond which we don't want to buy. Its a Max limit,seal,cap.Why limit? because we don't want to be buying too high as we want market to move up. Rule: buy low sell high. So in this case we don't want to buy over and above 5550.
So the difference between A Limit price i.e:5550 and the trigger price i.e:5500 i.e:50 points is called as spread in this case.

Another question :Why 50 points spread?Answer is :I want to buy 100 lots and I may not have 100 lots of sell orders ( To match my buy orders ) at 5500.Hence I am putting a spread or net.Its like a fisher man spreading across his net across a diameter of the sea.He knows if he puts his net at a single place he won't get enough fishes or he may not get the fish at all.

Now what? The 100 Lots may get executed like this.

20 Lots executed @ 5500
12 Lots executed @ 5510
15 Lots executed @ 5515
10 Lots executed @ 5528
5 Lots executed @ 5535
6 Lots executed @ 5540
12 Lots executed @ 5547
20 Lots executed @ 5550
Total = 100 Lots of Nifty bought starting from 5500 to 5550.Thats how spread works. Reverse it for selling orders.

Raghavacc

respected Raghavacc, made some changes in your last post according to my understanding.maybe this is wrong.tell me if its not ok and maybe i can delet this reply.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quantity - 100 lots

Now what? The 100 Lots may get executed like this.

20 Lots executed @ 5500
12 Lots executed @ 5510
15 Lots executed @ 5515
10 Lots executed @ 5528
5 Lots executed @ 5535
6 Lots executed @ 5540
12 Lots executed @ 5547
20 Lots executed @ 5550
Dear Gunavadhi,

You are absolutely right. Instead of 5500 I mentioned it as 5000 in few places.Corrected in original post.

I am learning from each one of you every day. This thread is meant not only for sharing what I have ,but also for improving myself,correcting my mistakes.Please do not hesitate to correct me whenever I am wrong. It is your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.