Monthly Income with Options (and/or Futures and/or Equity)

pannet1

pannet ji,

one doubt in in your excel sheet

(288.525 - 251.80 ) = 32.70 pts ( you have put 67.25 points)

and the series name should be corrected as BANKNIFTY30MAR1720500PE.

If i am wrong, correct me.

thank you.
hi balatrader,

the Avg. price and LTP are copy paste from zerodha kite. The points are calculated automatically from the excel by dividing P&L by 40 (Bank Nifty present Quantity).

I think they (Z..) changed the way the Avg. Price is calculated. Something like instead of calculating the average price of that particular trade now they go back in the entire history to find its Avg. Price. May be I am wrong.

thanks for the keen observation. You can download the excel sheet anytime with few clicks. To see the entire month's history if you like.

Cheers.

pannet1

pannetji ,

can you explain your strategy.

thank you
Bumping it up again for you.

finally finally good people. I have found a way.

I have found a strategy which is fixed like nail on the wall in all market condition. Yet, its fluid because you are adjusting as things develop.

Its nothing new. Its called calendar spread or diagonal spread. May be I can call it Poor man's Delta neutral.

Minimum capital required: 70K
Underlying: BANKNIFTY
Broker: Zerodha
Platform: Kite
Expected returns: 2% above p.m.
Additional income: Brokerage returned because you won Zerodha 60 day challenge :clap:

Good thing is if you know what you are doing. You can afford to be stupid. You can be without discipline. No need to be harsh on yourself. We make mistakes because price action or that stupid indicator tricked us.

Rules are little different

1) Never allow a SL to be triggered until your profit is more than Rs 500. You heard it right, we will book profit on SL triggers too.
2) Never close a Sold order in Profit if its not half of its premium. If closing it means that there is another Sold order we are holding in profit and its to be converted to NRML from MIS
3) Never increase the diagonal spread to be more than 100 points. We will break this rule when we have earned enough profit and we are in the second week onwards. In order to reduce risk we may buy a 3rd weekly option as well, if spread is beyond 100 points.

Please check my diary for more details.

pannet1

correct.
short option squared 1st thing in the morning for 3.05
fresh short of 17th March 21000 PUT opened at 81.00.

this is risky in case we have downward movement tomorrow. but we need to take this risk to cover 100 point unrealized loss as of now.

pannet1

man,

this is incredible. by keeping the monthly put as far out of money and selling nearby weekly PUT, i am able cover this much ground. look ma. i am just 89 points down. i think its easy to break even and get into profit.

today, finally closed the monthly put and bought a april in the money PUT.