Monthly Income with Options (and/or Futures and/or Equity)

pannet1

You could see that I was holding a short PUT of 21200 strike on BN from above screen shot

21-Mar (Tuesday)
Because of many false breakouts and breakdowns, i did not add another long position. End of the day I had 21200 PUT alongwith the long positon making a unrealised loss of 50 points.

Since in principle we do not close a position on loss I had left it (above) untouched. However I have add an overnight Long position of 21100 Mar Put to balance the Delta difference between the short and long position.

22-Mar (Wednesday)

Since I had a April long PUT at 21100, there was not much liquidity and the ask/bid spread was very wide. Due to the gap down, there was an unrealized loss of 200 points on the short put.

Luckily the 2 long PUT positions at 21100 paid off. So i had closed everything for -5 points or so. Given below are the new positions.

Last edited:

pannet1

We are at just mere breakeven this month if you did not consider the brokerage, tax and unrealised loss :eek:

But, we still have two more days for expiry. I did commit one blunder of remaining without hedging this month (by mistake). So if you add everything up, I would still bet on this monthly income strategy.

Tell me which strategy pay you in 3 ways

1) By theta (time decay) on the short term options
2) By Intraday trades alongwith the winning leg
3) By allowing to choose strikes virtually on a daily basis depending on your bias

rajputz

We are at just mere breakeven this month if you did not consider the brokerage, tax and unrealised loss :eek:

But, we still have two more days for expiry. I did commit one blunder of remaining without hedging this month (by mistake). So if you add everything up, I would still bet on this monthly income strategy.

Tell me which strategy pay you in 3 ways

1) By theta (time decay) on the short term options
2) By Intraday trades alongwith the winning leg
3) By allowing to choose strikes virtually on a daily basis depending on your bias

Hi,

Any strategy will work. I can give you few pointers. Rest you will have to do it yourself.

1. Money Management

2. Probability

3. Worst Case Scenario

4. Preserving the Capital

5. Follow the rules you set with discipline.

I know you might have figured it out by now as the post was in June 2016. Otherwise you can give it a thought.

pannet1

I think you could tune my strategy to get around 2% returns per month on intra-day (at 5X leverage)
I am flattered.

I don't believe i have that skill. (of tuning the parameters) ... but our chennai team has personalities who are very well versed these things. i think it will be great help for you (as well as us), when we meet up ... (coming up this month soon)

UberMachine

I am flattered.

I don't believe i have that skill. (of tuning the parameters) ... but our chennai team has personalities who are very well versed these things. i think it will be great help for you (as well as us), when we meet up ... (coming up this month soon)
Thanks but I believe you can just tune the parameters (since you knew the logic) to your liking to fetch some decent returns.