MF scheme, Dividend , Growth or Bonus

Re: Growth VS dividend

Hi friends,

i am going to invest 20k in SBI Magnum Tax gain Mutual fund shortly.
but i m confused which option (Growth ,dividend ) is better to go with.
Can anyone tel me the pros and cons of these options.

thanks
thakur
:)
Hi,
Growth option: If you are a long term investor and do not need the money regularly then you can choose growth option.

Dividend option : Dividend option helps you partially book your profit from time to time and since SBI Taxgain is 3 year lock-in mutual fund, its better to have a dividend pay out option so you free some part of your investment. if you need the money you can use and you can as well invest the money in some other performing fund or you can put that in a debt instrument choice is yours.

http://mutualfundexpert.blogspot.com/2008/04/crorepati-with-just-rs-100.html

http://mutualfundexpert.blogspot.com/2008/04/crorepati-with-just-rs-100.html

Hi All,
I am confused between these three scheme :
Dividend, growth and Bonus from any Equity Diversified MF scheme.
Does some one please suggest me which scheme is better Dividend, growth or bonus.
looking at the past performance growth is doing well.

Also Any openion about Reliace Vision Fund

Regards
sjoshi
Hi,

Reliance Vision Fund is very good fund from the stables of Reliance group. Its mostly a LARGE CAP fund and it's performance over last 5 years is always better then the benchmark index.
SIP is the best way to invest in Mutual Fund in this volatile market.
MFAdvisor
www.mutualfundexpert.blogspot.com

Growth Vs Dividend Reinvestment

Hello!
I have to start SIP (5000/-PM) in either DSP ML Top100 or HSBC Equity. Kindly evaluate which is better. Horizon=5yrs
One thing more I want to clarify from gurus. Both the schemes have 'Growth' as well as 'Dividend Reinvestment' option. Which option is better or both are equal?
As far as I know, dividends are declared after deducting mandatory tax at the hands of AMC. In div-reinvestment option; extra units are added to your folio & nothing is paid out. Keeping in view the dividend distribution tax, what do you suggest-- whether Growth option or Div-Reinvestment option is better for me?
Thanking you in advance!

vasa1

Re: Growth Vs Dividend Reinvestment

My understanding is that no dividend-distribution tax is currently levied on dividends declared by equity mutual funds.

Since my investments in equity mutual funds are for the long term, I usually pick the dividend pay-out option to take some cash off the table. I know a lot of people would prefer the growth option and some who go for the dividend-reinvest option since switching from dividend-reinvest to dividend pay-out currently doesn't have tax implications whereas a switch from growth to dividend-reinvest or pay-out does.

Re: Growth Vs Dividend Reinvestment

Hello!
My original query still pending pleeeeeeeeese reply; I have to submit application in a day or 2.
* which fund is analytically better
* which option- Gr Vs Div-reinvestment to take
hope 2 hear from u soon