Metastock Formula

Hello

i want a formula for my explorer and i have been seraching for it among various sites and m unable to find it....
Can you please give me a formula for this parameter:
Price breakout 4-7% on double to triple of average volume after a consolidation period

Thank you in advance

Hello, I am new to the forum and struggling to learn more about MetaStock 9. This is a great place to learn and I wish to thank everyone that gives so freely of their time to help newies like me. I have picked up a lot from reading the posts but now need help in building an exploration. I'm not sure all of the following can be done in MetaStock, but here goes.

I would like to be able to scan for the top 3 performing industries in the past 30 days. Then I would like to find only the stocks that has options. Is it possible to do any of this?

From the above group of stock I would then look for all stock in which the 40 day weighted moving adverage is greater than the 80 day moving adverage. I think I would use this formula:
MOV(C,40,W)>MOV(C,80,W)

To narrow down my Picks I would then look for stocks making new 52 week Highs. I think the following formula is what I need:
if(h>ref(hhv(h,250),-1),h,0)

I would then like to be able to pull up the High, Low and Close for the At The Money Call strike price, closest In the Money Call strike price and closest Out of the Money Call strice price. (I am guessing this may not be possible).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

yonah1

Traderji

Super Moderator
I would like to be able to scan for the top 3 performing industries in the past 30 days.
You can scan the top performing industries by running the following exploration in MetaStock

ROC(C,30,%)

on all the BSE & NSE sectorial indices. The best performing sectors will have the highest numbers.

Then I would like to find only the stocks that has options. Is it possible to do any of this?
You can find the stocks that have options by going to http://www.nseindia.com/content/fo/fo_underlyinglist.htm

From the above group of stock I would then look for all stock in which the 40 day weighted moving adverage is greater than the 80 day moving adverage. I think I would use this formula:
MOV(C,40,W)>MOV(C,80,W)
Yes that is correct.

To narrow down my Picks I would then look for stocks making new 52 week Highs. I think the following formula is what I need:
if(h>ref(hhv(h,250),-1),h,0)
Yes that is correct.

I would then like to be able to pull up the High, Low and Close for the At The Money Call strike price, closest In the Money Call strike price and closest Out of the Money Call strice price. (I am guessing this may not be possible).
Sounds difficult and may not be possible.

You can scan the top performing industries by running the following exploration in MetaStock

ROC(C,30,%)

on all the BSE & NSE sectorial indices. The best performing sectors will have the highest numbers.

You can find the stocks that have options by going to http://www.nseindia.com/content/fo/fo_underlyinglist.htm

Yes that is correct.

Yes that is correct.

Sounds difficult and may not be possible.
Thank you! :)

Can Any One From this great Forum Can Help Me
For Metastock Exploration Formula For Vol. Break
I means scrip which Has vol 3 times,Average
from 50 days on last Bar ?

Thanks...............

novice1

Traderji,

How do I code for the following conditions in Metastock 8/9 ?

I have been following this link
http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/15098-sniffer-system.html
and I am new to metastock.

The template I put on my WEEKLY charts is...

* 11 period ADX with a horizontal line set at 25. (ADX >25)
* 3 period CCI histogram with a horizontal line drawn at the zero level. (CCI close to zero, rising from below zero)
* 13 week and 26 week EMA's. (EMAs crossover)
How to code for weekly EMAs in Metastock ?
How to find ALL the stocks which meet the above 3 conditions using Explorer

Thanks in advance

DEAR FRIENDS,
I NEED AN EXPERT FORMULA FOR PRICE CLOSE ABOVE SEVEN EXPONENTIAL MOVING AVERAGE I.e,

BUY SIGNAL
PRICE CLOSE MOVING AVERAGE (C,7,E) AND(L,2,E)

SELL SIGNAL
PRICE CLOSE BELOW MOVING AVERAGE (C,7,E) AND (H,7,E)

KINDLY HELP,

THANKING YOU

SENTHIL KUMAR.