(MCX Comedy..Errr. Commodity) - How to Fake your Trade

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
Peace Bhatije. Now how to quantify my findings for back testing is a problem because i can see it visually but have never really been able to figure out a concrete matrix to transform this info tangibly. Tried out with ribbons to make it mechanical but failed and had egg on my face. Maybe you could help quantify my thought process.
Babu Rao: Yaar Varun, Tuna tab se wahi kah raha. Wo na tujhe na tere trading system ko bekar kah raha.

Tuna: Chacha. I knew it and knew it better than most of the member here as I am a discreationary trader till date (transiting to mechnical). The difference of using scalple differs when it is in hand of a well experienced neuro surgeon and a trainee.

I will tell you the problem here. We are not the same person every day. Outside trading we have loads of other things to handle be it job, familiy, society and we are not in best shape everyday to take the call of discreation. I was gradully getting into that conclusion and then saw a reflection of same thing on XRAY's thread, not sure which one. That was the trigger point.

I thought, ok, if I can develop something which has no emotion but follow my trading style as close as possible (it is impossible to code all aspect of discreationarty trading - the reason I was pushing you for that). So what I did, I left out some of my edges (yeah felt bad) and coded up something which comes close to my style.

And backtested and fine tuned(the data is not that great - only 2 months, but TF 15 mins, so not bad either) - it is actually not looking bad.

See, I am till date a disc' trader and will take my own system with a pinch of salt till it becomes time tested. But trust me, it is not looking bad. But rest on Uday and Majnu Bhai.

If the system fails (it can), I will go manual mode like always. Even a plane with autopilot have that mode. I am only a trader.

Last edited:

Just-Trade

I have been trading for the last 3 years. I have used many indicators. Any indicator has given correct as well as wrong trades. It is not the indicator which works or fails. Its the market which keeps changing its behaviour which works. Sometimes it remains silent then most of indicators gives correct trades. And some of the times market behaves abruptly so indicator too fails. It is not the indicator which we should read correctly, on the contrary we should try to understand the price behaviour pattern. And since price patterns are so complex in itself that it becomes almost futile to learn of its all aspects. So, we would be left out with position sizing risk analysis and all, which only works in the long run.

Just-Trade

Trading in options deals with the psychology and the money management parts too. (As you can never be leveraged). Sure you earn less as compared to futures but are more at peace.
Keeping eye on BN weekly expiry day options can make you millionaire. Atleast once in a month we find at least one side such a big move that an option at least moves 10 and maximum 500 time . We saw such move in last Wednesday and Thursday in Wednesday put side got the swing and in Thursday call side get the move.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

Keeping eye on BN weekly expiry day options can make you millionaire. Atleast once in a month we find at least one side such a big move that an option at least moves 10 and maximum 500 time . We saw such move in last Wednesday and Thursday in Wednesday put side got the swing and in Thursday call side get the move.

Sorry not 500 but 10 to 50 times.