Long 10 years: Finally started Diary

jassinko

Starting again with new strategy and one which suits me........

Trading Setup - 3 min TF and entry at break of first 3 candles with sl other end+ 3 point as filter. it will be like SAR tarding..i will reverse my trade on hitting SL....

I have backtested it and did paper trading..... did real tarde from last week adn net in loss........ reason.....didnt adhere to true setup...revised it without proper basis....

So though starting my journal again..... in front of everyone eyes

Eg: By system...NF short at 8225 with SL 8253 and when NF broke 8207 then sl revised to 8223 and finally closed at 8183.....net 40 points after deductions

Reality.... NF shorted at 8225 with SL 8253 but when it failed to break 8207 at second attempt... revised SL to cost..... and reversed there with SL 8209 which eventually hit too and then again shorted with SL 8222 which on charts didnt came but still hit in actual..evenatually made me in buy at 8222 with SL 8205... again SL hit... didnt took reverse trade as 3 SL hit in a day... finally shorted at 89 and exit at 80..... not part of system though......

Dont want to repeat my mistake thats why writing all these publically.... will post my system and actual trade tomorrow... with god grace both will be same....

question to seniors.... how did u manage slippage..... my SL was 8205 but traded at 8201.... similarly 8222 was a SL which never came but still executed

jassinko

As trader, we need to take the loss of slippages. There is no mechanism to get rid of slippages. I personally don't place limit order, will go with market order. For SL, I use SLM (in Zerodha). when market hits this SLM price, it will execute it in market order.

We need to factor in this slippage before we start trading. This slippage will be more when you go out of NF.

Thanks
Jegan

http://itjegan.blogspot.in/
i understand ji it cant be rid....but i want to know whether by any mentod it can be reduce or minimize... ??? and what about prices which dont come to charts but atually executes.... in backtesting...these prices cant be factored in.... so any experience person can tell me the frequency of occurence of these ...

rkripal

Starting again with new strategy and one which suits me........

Trading Setup - 3 min TF and entry at break of first 3 candles with sl other end+ 3 point as filter. it will be like SAR tarding..i will reverse my trade on hitting SL....

I have backtested it and did paper trading..... did real tarde from last week adn net in loss........ reason.....didnt adhere to true setup...revised it without proper basis....

So though starting my journal again..... in front of everyone eyes

Eg: By system...NF short at 8225 with SL 8253 and when NF broke 8207 then sl revised to 8223 and finally closed at 8183.....net 40 points after deductions

Reality.... NF shorted at 8225 with SL 8253 but when it failed to break 8207 at second attempt... revised SL to cost..... and reversed there with SL 8209 which eventually hit too and then again shorted with SL 8222 which on charts didnt came but still hit in actual..evenatually made me in buy at 8222 with SL 8205... again SL hit... didnt took reverse trade as 3 SL hit in a day... finally shorted at 89 and exit at 80..... not part of system though......

Dont want to repeat my mistake thats why writing all these publically.... will post my system and actual trade tomorrow... with god grace both will be same....

question to seniors.... how did u manage slippage..... my SL was 8205 but traded at 8201.... similarly 8222 was a SL which never came but still executed

In my view, you are not prepared yet. Dont go live, unless you want to extend your loss. If you cant follow rules on paper trade, how will you do that in real trading.

You cant follow rules for two reasons.

1. emotions
2. TF is too fast to make a decision.

So i would suggest to do some delivery based trades or swing trades with small capital and after some decent backtest.

jassinko

In my view, you are not prepared yet. Dont go live, unless you want to extend your loss. If you cant follow rules on paper trade, how will you do that in real trading.

You cant follow rules for two reasons.

1. emotions
2. TF is too fast to make a decision.

So i would suggest to do some delivery based trades or swing trades with small capital and after some decent backtest.
bang on my problem ji......... i felt that too.... fear of loss on paper and in actual are different........ when 2 sl on system hit....net 45 point loss.... on paper its 45 points...but in reality...it is 3375 loss.... now if followed properly....i can finish my day with break even or some minor loss but 3375 loss tried to question my system or thinking.... but i will give it a try for this week as well.... if still failed to follow my system properly.... will try to convert on higher tf or try to control my emotions...........

further slippage did affect my mentality too.... will try to be imune to all these factors from hereon....let see

Trader987

The Disciplined Trader
Man, why don't you trade equity?

When you are trading futures, your losses will be higher due to lot sizes

Those big losses will surely trigger your emotions (especially when ur learning).

So, if you don't mind, switch to equity with less number of shares.

Do real trading in equity and try to control your emotions. Then go back to futures :)

jassinko

bought NF at 97 with sl 75...
exited at 97....scratch trade..... exited due to some work at office...will trade tomorrow now........ in system trade is still on and if 8200 break this time...sl will be revised to 8187

jassinko

exited at 97....scratch trade..... exited due to some work at office...will trade tomorrow now........ in system trade is still on and if 8200 break this time...sl will be revised to 8187
SL hit.........loss of 10 points....... now short at 87 with SL 8208 and if break 80... then SL will be 97