lets have some fun with crude...!

linkon7

First entry was at 3703.. SL at 3697....which was the first green Haiken candle... Objective here is to be able to place our stoploss at LOD - filter. This reduces our risk per trade...
if this trade would hit stoploss... we would get fresh LOD... we would wait for the next green candle to go long with fresh LOD as stoploss... This is keeping in mind.. our objective is to stay long above the 52.0 mark on the WTI. As long as that 52.00 is not taken out... we dont want to go short.

market obliged us...and moved in our direction... broke days high...
now we trail the 10 LLV for our add.... this add is blind...without confirmation.
we got our add at 3708...

We need to exit this add so that our trade is free... our risk is 3703-3697 = 6 points + 2 for brokerage = 8 points.

So we target 3718 as it is the 36 bar high and we get our exit.... now our trade is free...

Our primary objective is not to loose money. Now that trade is free... We have 96 point target in mind... and we put this trade in the oven and bake it.

No reason to react to intraday moves whole day...

Sir how to find right pivot for till that range go long and go short ? as said today 52 is till long , like that ,

say if another opening scene for today , if today open and 1st 1hr range abv yesterday high , but after that not crossed high , going down means , we will go for short ? if short means at which stage , here also that previous pivot comes and will look for only longs?

Last edited:

linkon7

Sir how to find right pivot for till that range go long and go short ? as said today 52 is till long , like that ,

say if another opening scene for today , if today open and 1st 1hr range abv yesterday high , but after that not crossed high , going down means , we will go for short ? if short means at which stage , here also that previous pivot comes and will look for only longs?
I think what you are saying is...we gap up and then drift down whole day...

We will hit a few stoploss trying to go long...but we will take those hits with only 50%. We wont be able to add to trade unless we make higher high higher low... So hopefully we will find a reason to reverse and recover. worse case scenario... we will hit our loss limit for the day. Part and parcel of intraday trading.

I think what you are saying is...we gap up and then drift down whole day...
Yes sir , gapup opening and price coming down day ,

We will hit a few stoploss trying to go long...but we will take those hits with only 50%.
Yes sir , gap up open it would hit new high in 36hhv , so we will enter at 10llv for longs , what would be sl for that entry , as we entering at days low ?

We wont be able to add to trade unless we make higher high higher low... So hopefully we will find a reason to reverse and recover. worse case scenario... we will hit our loss limit for the day. Part and parcel of intraday trading.
ok sir , but asking if we get oversold then trend changing when we reverse to short ? , if hit 36llv , we go short at 10hhv like going in longs ?

in previous post told till wti will look for longs only , as there is one pivot at 52 , so if any pivot is there we wont go short even 36llv hit ?
Thanks for replying my silly questions :up:

Sir whats the trailing for todays trade , exited morning longs ? is any points / place to re-enter today itself ? after 4.55 pm candle not right choice to go long as touched 36llv , sorry for asking too many questions !

Last edited:

linkon7

Sir whats the trailing for todays trade , exited morning longs ? is any points / place to re-enter today itself ? after 4.55 pm candle not right choice to go long as touched 36llv , sorry for asking too many questions !
there is no such thing as a stupid question... you are curious and you have doubts...

Some days, if i have a winner at hand... i just track prices from my mobile and trail it with 36 bar high or low. I got stoploss hit at 3734...

When price hit 36 bar low... that was my stoploss... when it got retested... that would be my short trigger as sentiments have definitely turned south... I prefer to use pivots... but pivot was at 3704

What i am sharing here is how i see the market and pick my trades. you dont have to copy it trade by trade. you just adopt what you like and find out if it works for you.

there is no such thing as a stupid question... you are curious and you have doubts...

Some days, if i have a winner at hand... i just track prices from my mobile and trail it with 36 bar high or low. I got stoploss hit at 3734...

When price hit 36 bar low... that was my stoploss... when it got retested... that would be my short trigger as sentiments have definitely turned south... I prefer to use pivots... but pivot was at 3704

What i am sharing here is how i see the market and pick my trades. you dont have to copy it trade by trade. you just adopt what you like and find out if it works for you.
Ok thanks sir, yes when second time tested 36 llv , watched for 10hhv to short , gone very well , yes first watching and clearing my doubts with your method and will try to do myself after learning :up: