Just opened account with angel

chetanbang

Hi!! Chetan,

I believe Angel charges minimum Rs. 30 or 2.5% or whichever is lower & not Rs. 30 compulsorily. As per SEBI guidelines, a broking house can charge a client maximum of 2.5% of the traded amount as brokerage.
So, if i buy 1 share of unitech @85, what will be the brokerage?
From what i have gathered from this messageboard, the brokerage will be Rs.30 plus taxes. So unless you trade minimum 1lakh/contract you will be paying excess brokerage even at 0.03% intraday.

VijayDT

From what i have gathered from this messageboard, the brokerage will be Rs.30 plus taxes. So unless you trade minimum 1lakh/contract you will be paying excess brokerage even at 0.03% intraday.
Dear Chetan,
Minimum 30 Rs is on per day contract and not on every trade you do, hence if you are a trader you are expected to trade 1 lac a day, which will effectively mean 0.03% brokerage both the sides for your trades.

If you are an investor then you are expected to purchase stocks worth 10,000 on any given day to get you an effective brokerage of 0.30% on your delivery volumes. And yes, minimum brokerage is Rs 30 or 2.5% whichever is lower. I hope you find this helpful.
Regards,
VDT

chetanbang

Dear Chetan,
Minimum 30 Rs is on per day contract and not on every trade you do, hence if you are a trader you are expected to trade 1 lac a day, which will effectively mean 0.03% brokerage both the sides for your trades.

If you are an investor then you are expected to purchase stocks worth 10,000 on any given day to get you an effective brokerage of 0.30% on your delivery volumes. And yes, minimum brokerage is Rs 30 or 2.5% whichever is lower. I hope you find this helpful.
Regards,
VDT
Thanks for clearing that up. So i believe 1 lakh turnover can be in any number of stocks and is not limited to one stock. am i right?

Hi!! Chetan,
As mentioned if you buy 1 share of Unitech for Rs. 85, the maximum brokerage you may have to pay to Angel is Rs. 2.125 & not Rs. 30. Cheers!