job as a trader

ash.paul

Thats thoughtful of you Paul...but sadly enough, this site doesnt work for Indians....i have been a registered memebr for over 6 months...but no use..in dis downturn,no company wud sponsor ur visa with u sitting here in india...may be in better times we can see better results from such places.

happy Trading
What did you actually meant by 'this site doesnt work for Indians'.Try searching India as location and ignore any keywords(http://jobs.efinancialcareers.co.uk/job-4000000000503058.htm. Dont really know how does these things works in India, but one thing I know is if your are consistently profitable trader and can prove it then you stand a lot better chances than any one with just qualifications atleast till the interview stage.

Regarding visa and stuff to apply offshore, yes you may be right as it is much of a hassle for the employers to wait untill the homeoffice approves the workpermit. I have heard somewhere that applying within Asia is comapritively easier than from India to Europe & U.S.
Btw mate, how long have you been working as a professional Forex Trader with ICICI?
Cheers!!

Last edited:

ag_fx

What did you actually meant by 'this site doesnt work for Indians'.Try searching India as location and ignore any keywords(http://jobs.efinancialcareers.co.uk/job-4000000000503058.htm. Dont really know how does these things works in India, but one thing I know is if your are consistently profitable trader and can prove it then you stand a lot better chances than any one with just qualifications atleast till the interview stage.

Regarding visa and stuff to apply offshore, yes you may be right as it is much of a hassle for the employers to wait untill the homeoffice approves the workpermit. I have heard somewhere that applying within Asia is comapritively easier than from India to Europe & U.S.
Btw mate, how long have you been working as a professional Forex Trader with ICICI?
Cheers!!
Here is what I meant by that:
1) This is a UK based site. As a result, almost no Indian Companys or Prop Desks advertise there...One doesnt really stand a chance getting recruited on a desk in India as a Trader from this site.
2)The trader positions open there are international. As already said, Visa issues post a problem for a Uk company to Hire an Indian,pay him a UK salary,Pay for his travel etc...Many Hassles
3)When prop desks Hire, they usually look for experience in the relevant markets, if you are being hired as an exprncd trader(thats where your track record comes into play). otherwise, you are hired as a fresher..Again, Why wud an international company Hire a fresher from India & pay for all the hasless rather than picking up a local UK guy.

As a personal experience, I have in past appld to various postions accross the Globe from India. Sadly enough, never got a revert.

I have been with ICICI as a Forex trader for approx 22 months now....I believe you are based out of UK...what do you do for living?

Happy Trading

ash.paul

Here is what I meant by that:
1) This is a UK based site. As a result, almost no Indian Companys or Prop Desks advertise there...One doesnt really stand a chance getting recruited on a desk in India as a Trader from this site.
2)The trader positions open there are international. As already said, Visa issues post a problem for a Uk company to Hire an Indian,pay him a UK salary,Pay for his travel etc...Many Hassles
3)When prop desks Hire, they usually look for experience in the relevant markets, if you are being hired as an exprncd trader(thats where your track record comes into play). otherwise, you are hired as a fresher..Again, Why wud an international company Hire a fresher from India & pay for all the hasless rather than picking up a local UK guy.

As a personal experience, I have in past appld to various postions accross the Globe from India. Sadly enough, never got a revert.

I have been with ICICI as a Forex trader for approx 22 months now....I believe you are based out of UK...what do you do for living?

Happy Trading
Very true mate, as I said earlier I dont have much of idea about Indian job markets as I am based in U.K for more than 4 years. At present I am having non -trading related job working evenings and weekends which serves my bread n butter but gives me enough time to watch the main market hours(European opening close and US opening) as I trade forex . Would like to work for a good prop house any time next year in London city.
So, how did you get into ICICI as a forex trader? What kind of platform and datafeeds etc does ICICI trading floor desk consist of? Just want to get some idea, hope you dont mind dude..

ag_fx

Very true mate, as I said earlier I dont have much of idea about Indian job markets as I am based in U.K for more than 4 years. At present I am having non -trading related job working evenings and weekends which serves my bread n butter but gives me enough time to watch the main market hours(European opening close and US opening) as I trade forex . Would like to work for a good prop house any time next year in London city.
So, how did you get into ICICI as a forex trader? What kind of platform and datafeeds etc does ICICI trading floor desk consist of? Just want to get some idea, hope you dont mind dude..

I work in the Interbank market for ICICI. Data feed is from REUTERS, which has many products catering to different teams. The trading platform is BARX which is an interbank trading platform.
Btw what kinda time frame do you trade on FOREX?Since how long have you been trading forex and what kinda analysis and strategies do you employ?

We should move our discussion to the FOREX forum on traderji rather than continuing on this thread.

ash.paul

I work in the Interbank market for ICICI. Data feed is from REUTERS, which has many products catering to different teams. The trading platform is BARX which is an interbank trading platform.
Btw what kinda time frame do you trade on FOREX?Since how long have you been trading forex and what kinda analysis and strategies do you employ?

We should move our discussion to the FOREX forum on traderji rather than continuing on this thread.
I have been trading forex for only 2 years, I focus on 1hourly, 4 hourly to check the direction of the daily trend and my entry is based on 5 min chart. I have a discretionary approach towards my analysis. I look for potential price action setups in specific area of support/resistance on the 4hr & 1 hr and only in the direction of trend, counter trend position maximum i try to avoid but love to trade W-M type bottom/tops with clear divergence . I dont really like complicating my charts with loads of rubbish indicators, although indicator has got its own place IMO but didnot like it after my early 6-8 months.. I would also like to say that I am in no ways a successful trader, I am still struggling in lot of areas related to psychology which is the main barrier to my consistency. I believe I am in that stage where a trader comes to know that in this business any good strategy or system merely plays any role, any set of rules(moneymanagement & trading plan) will not make you successful, I can achieve success once I start developing those skills required to control my own emotion to follow my own rules. Hopefully with time and efforts I would be able to get over this issue as I dont have much of other commitments considering my age(26yrs)
So, thats all about me Ankit, hope you must have gone through all these newbie situation before becomming professional, I would appreciate if you can give me some words of wisdom. It would be my atmost pleasure to hear from you, your journey etc etc..
Cheers!!

ag_fx

I have been trading forex for only 2 years, I focus on 1hourly, 4 hourly to check the direction of the daily trend and my entry is based on 5 min chart. I have a discretionary approach towards my analysis. I look for potential price action setups in specific area of support/resistance on the 4hr & 1 hr and only in the direction of trend, counter trend position maximum i try to avoid but love to trade W-M type bottom/tops with clear divergence . I dont really like complicating my charts with loads of rubbish indicators, although indicator has got its own place IMO but didnot like it after my early 6-8 months.. I would also like to say that I am in no ways a successful trader, I am still struggling in lot of areas related to psychology which is the main barrier to my consistency. I believe I am in that stage where a trader comes to know that in this business any good strategy or system merely plays any role, any set of rules(moneymanagement & trading plan) will not make you successful, I can achieve success once I start developing those skills required to control my own emotion to follow my own rules. Hopefully with time and efforts I would be able to get over this issue as I dont have much of other commitments considering my age(26yrs)
So, thats all about me Ankit, hope you must have gone through all these newbie situation before becomming professional, I would appreciate if you can give me some words of wisdom. It would be my atmost pleasure to hear from you, your journey etc etc..
Cheers!!
Well..One thing I would like to say at first... I am NOT a professional....Certainly Not...

I believe I am still in my learning stages...There is a vast ocean outside and I feel I havent even grabbed a bucket of it yet.....I am quite a newbie too....
My exps on the trading road till now hasnt been too different either. I committed ALL the mistakes that almost all amateurs do...And as very well said by someone, never learnt anything without commiting a mistake...And the process still continues...Commiting mistakes & Learning from them...

For me, Market is a teacher and I am just a student...Markets have their own way of teaching things ..

What appears to me from your strategy is a very well laid out trading technique....It doesnt matter what tools you use to trade the markets...What matters the most is that at the end of the day/week or month you are profitable or not....As long as you can consistently close your book in Green on monthly basis,, I guess you are a good DAY TRADER.

As already said by you, Emotions play a major Role in your trades....Untill & Unless we are able to seperate our emotions and trades, we are bound to make mistakes and loose....I myself attach emotions to my trades(not voluntarily though) & sometimes regret it....but thats the way it goes...Thats how you learn and I am doing that.

I started my trading journey by trading Nifty stocks....Made all sorts of mistakes and lost significantly...That was the era of Fundamental Analysis for me...I switchd over to Nifty Fut n Options and TA in some later stage.....Again..loads of mistakes...took break from trading markets many a times to learn and re-enter.....and everytime I found myself commiting new mistakes!!!! QUITE INNOVATIVE i am may be :p

Forex was all the while a proffessional work place thing....thats where I work and learnt forex...What mesmerises me the most is how different markets have different dynamics to trade....What works in Indian Cash market may or may not ork in commodities/forex or intl cash markets....and vice versa.....

As a result, different set ups,trading startegies are required to trade different markets.....

Dats a bit about me...Why dont u add me on mailing list....gimme ur email address....it'll be intresting to discuss forex with you!!

happy Trading

Ankit

ash.paul

Well..One thing I would like to say at first... I am NOT a professional....Certainly Not...

I believe I am still in my learning stages...happy Trading

Ankit
Thats cool! Even if I would have asked Market Wizards like Jesse Livemore, he would have said the same thing like you have actually said:). But what I meant was if you have beeen chosen by a firm to trade their money then you gott2 have something which seperates me and you. In general a pros working for a firm are given a set of target each month or week, say for example (risk management parameter taken from xyz company)
Daily Stop is 20 Price Increments.
Daily Target is 25 Price Increments.
Trading Limit Decrease Amount is 60 Price Increments.
Account Target (within 10 days)is 80 Price Increments
Account clip sizes are usually increased if the targets are met consistently and in case of target not achieved then clip size is decreased and consistency leads to disciplinary action or account termination

The above example clearly states that how much pressure a trader can have if he/she looses track of their own discipline.. so this environment naturally pushes an individual traders skill beyond imagination if I am not wrong. i have also seen most of the prop traders are scalpers and one has to be more skillful than a swing positional traders.
Can I ask you what type of account target and environment you have, by giving an insight all we retail traders can benefit by implementing those ideas and rules to ourselves, we ain't gotta a BOSS we gott2 be our own, for good and bad:)
Cheers!

Last edited: