Jai Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anand Jain plans global realty fund, eyes The World islands project of Dubai

BANGALORE / NEW DELHI: Anand Jain, a close associate of Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani, is raising a bulge-bracket real estate fund for investing in overseas assets. The Mauritius-based fund, which will be advised by Jai Corp, a company promoted by Mr Jain, is in talks to make one of its initial investments in The World islands project, a manmade archipelago of Dubai coast promoted by billionaire ruler Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Nakheel Properties, sources said.

The target size of Mr Jains planned international realty fund is still under wraps, but it will invest primarily in growth markets stretching from the Arabian Gulf to Far East, sources added. At a later stage, it could invest in other markets. It is believed that the international fund is raising an initial corpus of over $600 million.

Mr Jains fund, along with Mumbai-based developers Maker Group, the builders of famous commercial properties in Nariman Point, such as Maker Chambers and Maker Towers, is expected to participate in developing five of the 300 artificial islands that are nearing completion. Each of these islands could cost anywhere between $15-50 million (Rs 60-200 crore) each, and is arguably at the top end of luxury real estate projects currently under way in any part of the world.

The manmade islands resemble the shape of the world map and are located 4 km of the Dubai coast. It is believed that Mr Jain is also in discussions to rope in New York based international architectural design firm Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF) for developing the islands.

This probably suggests a multi-purpose commercial development of these islands, but once again, there is no independent confirmation on this. KPF is credited with several landmark architectural designs across the world including Glasgow Harbour, Grand Hyatt Tokyo and the Shanghai World Financial Centre

Each of The World islands ranges between 150,000 sqft and 450,000 sqft and are separated by at least 100 metres and surrounded by a 32 km oval breakwater. Unconfirmed world media reports have linked some of the biggest celebrity names like Richard Branson, Michael Schumacher, Rod Stewart, David Beckham, Tommy Lee, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to the project, with a shoreline of about 250 km.

In this context, it may be mentioned that Mr Jain already operates Urban Infrastructure Opportunities Fund (UIOF) which invests in domestic real estate, SEZs and infrastructure. This fund has a corpus of over Rs 5000 crore ($1.25 billion). UIOF is also part of RILs mega SEZ projects in Haryana and Navi Mumbai. Development of these SEZs is largely being driven by Mr Jain and RIL chairman Mukesh Ambani. The Haryana SEZ is owned by RIL while the Navi Mumbai project is promoted by Mr Ambani, Mr Jain and their associates.

-> Source NSE as on today 19th March 08 (in first 35 mins )

Quantity Traded --------> 2,84,182
Deliverable Quantity (gross across client level) ---> 2,81,091
% of Deliverable Quantity to Traded Quantity -----> 98.91%

-> Source NSE as on today 19th March 08 (in first 35 mins )

Quantity Traded --------> 2,84,182
Deliverable Quantity (gross across client level) ---> 2,81,091
% of Deliverable Quantity to Traded Quantity -----> 98.91%
Hello vpk,

The Data is for 18-March... please look into NSE again...

Security-wise Delivery Position - 18MAR2008

Quantity Traded Deliverable Quantity (gross across client level) % of Deliverable Quantity to Traded Quantity

284182 281091 98.91

Sats

Hello vpk,

The Data is for 18-March... please look into NSE again...

Security-wise Delivery Position - 18MAR2008

Quantity Traded Deliverable Quantity (gross across client level) % of Deliverable Quantity to Traded Quantity

284182 281091 98.91

Sats
Thanks for the correction :0

Let the stock go down on LC everyday till it reaches Rs. 100, ( Means rs. 2000 before split of 20 times ) as it was in July 2007. It will be a good buy then, it may again run Non stop till 1400 which was the high in Jan 08. Presently people who are having this stock before 2-3 yrs are on huge profits still & so are booking profits.

Dont worry about this stock it will take 6 months, but it will give handsome returns.
Remember Anand Jain, Chairman, is also a CEO of NMSEZ.

Niraj

jnj333

i had quoted earlier that a target of 500 on cards....I feel there is another 200 Rs left on downside...Take ur own call

Happy Trading
Good Call , lalpar, though I am not sure about another 200 downside, though I was wrong :( about your earlier call of 500. Your call is appreciated.

Nevertheless , I have accumulated some more from the last two days. Hold / accumulate is my take.

lalpar

To all Jai Corp Lovers,

For people who have entered the scrip above 1000 levels(after split) and those who have not booked losses....you have two options

1)Book Losses
2)Average out..

No doubt Jai is a good company but it will take a long time for jai to come back to new highs....

so i suggest you all to average ur positions and sell it at arnd 800 or 900..

As far as I feel the bottom price is Rs 300...

But it all depends on market conditions...But 300 is the last bottom...so try and average ur positions...

Happy Trading!!!

Lalith

Well I don't know what I did but I had abt 600 shares of JC at an average of 900 in Jan,
but sold it off at same price 900 incurring some brokerage losses.
But to my agony I had lost more than 25 lakhs in these 2 months,so whatever I did was all a waste.
To my bad luck my HDD crashed,PSU burnt and all my software programming work for live charts,metastock downloader all got cleanly erased.
Now left with abt 25k for daytrading, oops what't the grt effect of saturn!!!

To all Jai Corp Lovers,
For people who have entered the scrip above 1000 levels(after split) and those who have not booked losses....you have two options

1)Book Losses
2)Average out..

No doubt Jai is a good company but it will take a long time for jai to come back to new highs....

so i suggest you all to average ur positions and sell it at arnd 800 or 900..
As far as I feel the bottom price is Rs 300...

But it all depends on market conditions...But 300 is the last bottom...so try and average ur positions...

Happy Trading!!!
Lalith
Lalith,

Do you think it may take more than 1 year to come back to its original highs?

I have invested in Jaicorp at around Rs. 975, now it really pains to book such big loss.

What do you think if I hold this stock for another 6 months, will I get my money back?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.