Invest today and forget it for 25 years

ethan hunt

Exponential gains can be made when small mid cap stocks become large caps. Its difficult to make expo gains from large caps.
Regarding 25 years fidelity funds study says that Max gain was made by those investors who were dead or who had forgotten that they had an account with the fund. It also means that the mutual fund kept on tweaking the portfolio whereas you tend to sleep on the same stocks for 25 years. So 25 years is OK but keep on tweaking as per eco biz cycle.

umeshmandal

There is an analyst whose clients hold stocks almost perpetually !
Stocks like : Asian Paints, Titan, Page ind. Gruh, Repco Hawkins etc.,etc etc
The portfolio/capital has multiplied a number of times more than 10 times in ten years

mastermind007

A stock that has emerged as potential holdable for 5 to 10 year horizon is KOTHARIPRO.
It is Pan Parag company and has been paying regular dividends. Its books and balance sheet seems healthy. (A smart Fin Analyst is welcome to correct me and find weaknesses on this). With recent anti-tobacco sentiments, company's product had been adversely hit but company has handled the crisis by closing down on units and has not been hit with labor litigation. Besides this, mgmt did seem to have foreseen this risk and had diversified into other ventures.

Another stock that may crawl out of wood-works is TULIP TELECOM. It has dropped from life-time high of 250 and struggling at 1 rs. Its CEO has been arrested and there are whole heap of black-news, but end may be nearing so keep an eye out for this one...

Disclaimer: This post is not to be construed as advice. You are required to do your own due diligence. I hold no positions adverse to advise nor am I affiliated to the company or any of its promotions!!!

Last edited:

mastermind007

How could your Uncle hold RIL since 1960 when RIL (Reliance) came out with its IPO in 1977 only. Unless - ofcourse your Uncle happens to be Champaklal Damani. :D

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliance_Industries
Sorry!!! and Good catch. Thanks for seeking the clarification. I merely posted what I remembered him saying and I do very well recall as him saying 1960 (will certainly ask him).

mastermind007

There is an analyst whose clients hold stocks almost perpetually !
Stocks like : Asian Paints, Titan, Page ind. Gruh, Repco Hawkins etc.,etc etc
The portfolio/capital has multiplied a number of times more than 10 times in ten years
And name of that analyst is?

PUCHU_2500

search today's uknown tomorrow's known company.
some sample: clutch auto, meghmoni organics, tourism finance, opto circuit, trigyn technology, samkrg piston, gei inds, marksan pharma, freshtrop fruits, manapuram fin etc.

(I do not know about above companies fundamental strength or back ground, just mentioned from my gut feelings. I do not have any investment in these companies except tourism finance. I bought this scrip in 1996-97 at around 15/-)

stoch

Exponential gains can be made when small mid cap stocks become large caps. Its difficult to make expo gains from large caps.
Regarding 25 years fidelity funds study says that Max gain was made by those investors who were dead or who had forgotten that they had an account with the fund. It also means that the mutual fund kept on tweaking the portfolio whereas you tend to sleep on the same stocks for 25 years. So 25 years is OK but keep on tweaking as per eco biz cycle.
Penny stocks - the only place for crazy gains. Works as a lottery most of the times, because it's impossible to know which company will get an outburst in it stock value and which one will fall down to the bottom of the list..