Intraday calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

n_arvind2000

Sensex Technical View:

It is one of the most boring phases for the index with no clear moves in Sensex as well as in stocks.

Technically it is about time that Sensex gives a small directional move to either 19000-19400 or 17800 levels.

The breakout levels are 18200 on downside and 18700 on upside.
The levels of 17300 and 18700 or roughly 5200/5600 Nifty has already been tested twice. So next time it tries a hit it will breakout.

As of now Sensex has made a higher bottom in extreme short term so the possibility on upside is with a higher probability.

One of the distinguishing factor is the broader indices have still not pulled back. So we may see stock specific once SENSEX and NIFTY cross 18700/5600.

bthakwani

hi sir,

i would like to know about trading in derivatives...

i tried learning about trading in options and it is way over my head... dont understand anything and now have no plans of trying again for a very long time...

the thing that got me most confused about trading in futures is that why do people trade in futures and consider it as very powerful... almost all brokers now a days give 10 times exposure, that means one can buy 10 times his capital...

the basic idea of trading in futures is, to my knowledge, to be able to trade by margins... and i have heard that the minimum margin required for every scrip is different... for some it is around 20%...

so why go for futures when u can trade the same amount of volumes in cash market...

pls tell me what u think... thanks!!!

n_arvind2000

hi sir,

i would like to know about trading in derivatives...

i tried learning about trading in options and it is way over my head... dont understand anything and now have no plans of trying again for a very long time...

the thing that got me most confused about trading in futures is that why do people trade in futures and consider it as very powerful... almost all brokers now a days give 10 times exposure, that means one can buy 10 times his capital...

the basic idea of trading in futures is, to my knowledge, to be able to trade by margins... and i have heard that the minimum margin required for every scrip is different... for some it is around 20%...

so why go for futures when u can trade the same amount of volumes in cash market...

pls tell me what u think... thanks!!!

A derivative, by the way, is any type of financial security that derives its value from some underlying security or index.
All futures contracts are derivatives and in fact futures are some of the best and safest derivatives around.
Derivatives are generally used to transform one kind of risk into another, so for example a farmer might sell a futures contract obligating him to deliver a certain amount of wheat of a certain quality in October. The farmer has eliminated his price risk, but now he has to make sure that his crop doesnt fail, because somebody else is expecting that wheat. Derivatives can be used to swap interest rate risk for equity (stock market) risk, or to reduce or increase exposure to the price of a share or index rising or falling. The most common derivative there is, the interest rate swap, just converts floating rate risk into fixed rate risk and vice versa. Because they can be tailor-made to a specific need, and can be created in any amount, they are wonderful tools for taking on and laying off all kinds of risks.

On the other hand, this is exactly why they can be bad. Unlike futures, which are tightly controlled by futures exchanges, most derivatives are traded over the counter, as an individual contract between two parties. This means that there is no central pricing authority that sets a valuation for these things again unlike futures, which have clearly known and published prices throughout the day, as well as official opening and closing prices.
Futures exchanges also closely regulate the size of positions, and have very strict margin requirements, including daily settlements of profits and losses. In over the counter derivatives, counterparties rely on individual agreements about margining, and firms make their own assessments about the creditworthiness of their trading partners. In practice this means that large derivatives positions can be built up without putting up large amounts of money (leverage, anyone?), and counterparty risk can be very significant over time.

Even worse and uglier is that many derivatives can be very hard to value, because they may be based on underlying securities that are themselves hard to price, or hardly ever trade. Firms have to rely on their own modelers to tell them what things are worth, and they sometimes get it very, very wrong. Furthermore, banks and brokerages have been woefully negligent in keeping up with the paperwork, and may not have a full understanding of the market risk in their derivative positions, let alone the counterparty risk.

n_arvind2000

Titan Industries to open 250 stores in 2011-12

Watch and jewellery maker Titan Industries plans to open 250 stores across India in 2011-12 (April-March), compared with 150 stores last financial year, a senior company official told moneycontrol.com.

The companys capital expenditure for the next financial year is likely to be around Rs 100 crore, part of which, will be used for expansion and maintenance of the stores it currently owns, V. Govindraj, Vice President, Integrated Retail Services said.

He, however, said the actual capex was still being worked out.

Titan Industries had 646 stores under operation across India as of February-end.

Less than 15% of the stores are company owned, while the rest are franchisees.

We will continue to open 30-40 stores of Titan in 2011-12, but the aim is now to scale up expansion of our other newer formats like Helios, Eyeplus and Fastrack, he said.

Titan, for instance, currently only has 3 stores of Helios, a high-end multi-brand watch chain. But by the end of the next financial year, it plans to have 40 operational stores of Helios.

The company will also open around 60-70 stores of Fastrack, which sells casual range of watches and accessories, and around 20 stores of its jewellery retail chain Tanishq.

Titan will also open 6-7 stores of its mass-market jewellery brand Goldplus, Govindraj said.

The company currently has 29 Goldplus retail stores.

Titan had launched the Goldplus brand in 2005 targeting smaller towns, but froze expansion last year, after opening 30 stores since launch.

The company had last year said it wanted to get its business model right and might have to close or relocate some Goldplus stores.

There will now be some expansion of Goldplus next fiscal, maybe 6-7 stores, Govindraj said.

The focus of Goldplus will, however, continue to be on tier II and III towns mainly in South India, he said.

The new Goldplus stores are likely to open in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.

Note:- With marriage season, expect more upside in the near term. Hold with long term view for target of 4250-4630.
Also a strong Bonus/stock split candidate..in the coming days.....:thumb:

n_arvind2000

SBIN intra high 2570
.....more to come!
SBIN high today... 2670 :clap:
"The I-T Department and State Bank of India together received payments totalling 2,195 crore on Wednesday in the largest disbursement of claims against losses incurred on account of the 1992 securities scam"

"Of the 2,195 crore released on Wednesday, 1,996 crore was paid to the I-T department while the remaining was 199 crore was given to SBI. A total of 1,700 crore is due to banks, of which Rs 800 crore has been cleared, said Mr Loomba."

More to come in the coming days....:clapping:

n_arvind2000

Update: Titan Industries BSE code: 500114

TITAN YESTERDAY BREAK OUT OBSERVED.... TRADING ABOVE ITS MOVING AVERAGE 200 DMA - HOLD IT - MORE TO COME

- 5 day RSI: 72
- 14 day RSI: 59

S 2 S 1 Pivot R 1 R 2
3486.60 3525.20 3552.60 3591.20 3618.60

Expect strong upside in the coming days....

Last edited:

n_arvind2000

Sensex = Sluggish Patience will be tested to the hilt.

Sensex Technical View:

- >The daily moves continue to remain one day up one day down. and sluggish in the range of 18000-18700.

- > Yesterday this range was broken and now it is testing the trendline at 17700-17750.

- > Sustaining below 17700 would be a weak signal and may head to 17000 levels also.

- > It continues to remain a consolidation phase which is more time wise then price wise.

- > The fibonacci retracements are now placed at 17670/17840 roughly.

- > The downtrend in short to medium term remains till market doesnt make higher top higher bottoms.

- > The basic possibilities remain the same.

> Sensex if holds above the 17000-17300 one may expect a bounce back to 38/50% of the last fall which could be 19000-19400 also.

> Falling below 17300-17000 ( first signal on break below 17700 ) will open up to 16100/16800 roughly which could be an interesting entry point.

Random Thoughts:

With everything around the world in issues the market participants are bound to be uncertain about money allocations. Is the market good or bad ? NO the market is dead with no conviction.

Volumes have come down on the broader market which are signs of lower activity and interest.

March end could see some speculative move up in Midcap/Smallcap Stocks momentarily. Price wise the correction doesnt seem to have more steam then 5-10% from current levels even in a bad case ( say 16-16.5k) whereas the concerns remain timewise that till how much time market stays around current levels.

Continue to be patient and make a list of stocks you would like to buy. Research should be given priority as the whole market seems pretty interesting with half the gamut of stocks way below 2007 levels and closer to 12-15k. Buying is very simple at two clicks and bang the whole money can be allocated ! but selling takes a lot of time .

So we may now prefer researching and keeping the high cash or just wait out the current consolidation if you are already invested. :)

n_arvind2000

Titan Industries Likely To Enter Indonesia By July This Year

Tata Group's arm Titan Industries (TIL) is likely to enter Indonesia by July this year as a part of overseas expansion plans and it is also looking to appoint local partner in the country.

On the other hand, the company is looking to expand in the global markets but it would be restricted to its Titan brand of watches. It is not looking for international expansion of brands such as the Fastrack eyewear and accessories and Tanishq jewellery. Currently, it has presence in 31 countries across the globe.

Apart from this, it will be enhancing its domestic retail presence by setting up about 250 new stores in next fiscal in India. Around 100 outlets will be for Titan Eye, and the rest will be a mix of Tanishq, Sonata and Fastrack outlets.

Presently, the company operates over 650 outlets along with franchisees for watches, jewellery and eyewear brands.

source: http://indian-commodity.com/top-new...ely-To-Enter-Indonesia-By-July-This-Year.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.