Intermarket Study

Linus

Does the Nikkei leads the Sensex? The Nikkei peaked out before the Sensex in April and started to go down when Sensex was making new highs in May. Both the indices made lows in June and started to rally and Nikkei was the first to go down later in July followed by Sensex. Again, the both the indices rallied, BSE has continued making new highs while the Nikkei has already turned down! A pointer to the future? You are welcome to visit my blog at www.fibonacci1321.blogspot.com

Sunil Saranjame aka Fibo.

Attachments

C

CreditViolet

Does the Nikkei leads the Sensex? The Nikkei peaked out before the Sensex in April and started to go down when Sensex was making new highs in May. Both the indices made lows in June and started to rally and Nikkei was the first to go down later in July followed by Sensex. Again, the both the indices rallied, BSE has continued making new highs while the Nikkei has already turned down! A pointer to the future? You are welcome to visit my blog at www.fibonacci1321.blogspot.com

Except for Shanghai every other index more or less looks the same.I have worked on every combo from daily range, % change to intraday time effect but there is no meaningful relationship there to exploit systematically.

CV
:eek:

SavantGarde

Unless you are working on some kind of Comparative Study of World Indices, There is enough happening in our own Indian Indices for People to Concentrate & Make Money.

SavantGarde

smartcat

Broadly speaking, money flows into emerging markets & developed markets, in cycles.

This means, in the short term, Nikkei & sensex would be negatively correlated. Not just Nikkei & sensex - this holds good for FTSE/DJIA/DAX/CAC & Shanghai/Thai/JSX Composite etc Indices.

That's why some hedge funds maintain equal allocation to developed/developing markets - so that their overall returns are stable.

In the long term though, all equity markets are positively correlated. That is, if you take a 5 year or a 10 year period and compare developed/developing country indices, they will both be either UP or DOWN.