India - Fastest growth - No / Fastest fall - yes

pasha

Dear Czar

Almost all the countries you have listed permit short selling in the capital market except India, this is another factor which may explain our index plumetting, if short selling is permitted (as it is now) and is popular, people who are short will book partial/full profits at various stages thereby preventing a sudden steep drop.

As you know the major investors are FII, and FI's with very lage investments. Once short selling picks up and these people invest our corrections may not be as abrupt.
Short selling was proposed by SEBI and I think right now it is only available to FIIs and not retail investors.
I am not sure if it has been implemented.

Short selling was proposed by SEBI and I think right now it is only available to FIIs and not retail investors.
I am not sure if it has been implemented.
Hi Pasha,

Sorry dint get you, are you saying intra day short selling is not available for retail investors??

Hmm. It has become a fashion to blame PM and FM for everything.

There was logic behind Czar's reasons,whats your logic behind this,is anyone blaming the PM or FM for your woes or for everything.

When you have the FM jumping up and down when markets are going up 500 points a day and almost no reaction when it cracks 6000 in 1 week,I expect a normal human being to suspect something's amiss.

The less said about the PM the better,he is as spineless as an amoeba.Can't get nuclear deal through,can't get womans reservation bill through,appeases minorities,and rushes to 10 Janpath for Madam X's blessing every other day.

pasha

Hi Pasha,

Sorry dint get you, are you saying intra day short selling is not available for retail investors??
Short selling is available on intra day for retail, the SEBI proposal is about on short selling on delivery basis for all, however as yet not completely implemented except for FIIs.

C

Czar

exactly Amit, like i said i don't expect anything, but the rise got FM's attention & action, the fall deserves atleast acknowledgment of some kind not ignorance... or everything's ok kindof remarks (we have or had our mothers to pat our back & say its ok, we dont require that from the FM)... it clearly shows his involvement some way or the other in this episodes of the market, supporting & siding is not ruled out... I know all this is part & partial of the game but if the FM wants to play let it atleast seem like he well played...

AMITBE

so now you are blaming the lungi for the fall?!!!!!
Hi shivraja,

Thanks for your message.

I guess as a Moderator my action here would be to leave this comment for you:

I do feel empathy with your hurt sensibilities at the members remark, and I personally feel that a dhoti or a veshti worn by men (incorrectly referred to as lungi) is an awfully elegant and a dignified dress worn by most men in the south.

At this forum, do go ahead and engage any member in a discussion if you feel hurt by a remark, or find it distasteful and offensive.
Learning and sharing need not, should the need arise, be restricted to matters of the market.
Learning civility and respect is important too.

On a lighter note, some harmless banter and ribbing is always a good idea in a space like this. There are a few masters of this here at Traderjis.

In volatile market conditions, understandably a few lungis or dhotis are sure to have slipped sharp if not fallen off altogether. Vinegary reactions are expected.

So my friend, try not to be too bothered by all that and enjoy your stay here. There are some outstanding threads here you may want to focus on instead.

With regards.

U

uasish

Hi shivraja,

Thanks for your message.

I guess as a Moderator my action here would be to leave this comment for you:

I do feel empathy with your hurt sensibilities at the members remark, and I personally feel that a dhoti or a veshti worn by men (incorrectly referred to as lungi) is an awfully elegant and a dignified dress worn by most men in the south.

At this forum, do go ahead and engage any member in a discussion if you feel hurt by a remark, or find it distasteful and offensive.
Learning and sharing need not, should the need arise, be restricted to matters of the market.
Learning civility and respect is important too.

On a lighter note, some harmless banter and ribbing is always a good idea in a space like this. There are a few masters of this here at Traderjis.

In volatile market conditions, understandably a few lungis or dhotis are sure to have slipped sharp if not fallen off altogether. Vinegary reactions are expected.

So my friend, try not to be too bothered by all that and enjoy your stay here. There are some outstanding threads here you may want to focus on instead.

With regards.
Nice to see your post after a break,we will appreciate more such daily.