Important Posts by Smart Trade_ Part1

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by Gaur_Krishna View Post
ST Da, Congratulations....
Nice to know that you won the challenge with intraday options.

Here are some questions:

1. For this purely intraday plain options play, what strategy did you use & at which TF? You had previously explained the simple 21 sma & 5TF pivot break strategy. Did you use the same as said your RR was 1.5 to 2? Any other strategy that can be used profitably for this case?

2. Another important question is: Did you use same number of contracts or same amount of money for each trade? What I mean is, in futures 1 lot will always mean somewhere around 30-33 K of money at stake. But in options, as the expiry comes close even the ITM options will be available at Rs. 30-35/-
So at the start of expiry, 2 lots of ATM options will cost around 100* 140 = 14000/- however at the end of expiry 2 lots will cost around 100*35=3500 etc. At the same time we need to keep the bet size same every time. So it should be same quantity of 2 lots or same money of 14000/-?

3. Which underlying chart to use? Nifty spot or Nifty futures or the use the options chart itself?

4. Do we keep SL & target at reference chart or at options chart? Or we just ferget that we are using options as instrument and just take the trades as per the reference charts?

Sorry for too many questions....

Regards,

================
Gaur_Krishna
That was in First Zerodha challenge , so about 6-7 months back. I was trading a small account in Zerodha....was trading on pivot breaks in direction of the trend....used to trade 6-8 contracts and trying to make 4 to 6 points with 2.5 to 3 points stoploss...that time I used Nifty Fut chart..but options charts also ok...

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by LivetoTrade View Post
Generally till what time do you wait to judge if the day can be range bound or can show movement with strong momentum?

================
First 30-45 min should tell us what kind of day we are trading.

ST

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by TraderRavi View Post
future better than 200 -250 premium nifty option .......iss option mein liquidity problem se slippage hoga.

================
On dull small range days dont trade....trade only when the market is strong and having a good traction.

ST

Gaur_Krishna

Got a mail from a NICE member at TJ. Some others may have same questions, so few clarifications from my side:

1.Why Am i posting comments is that, one can easily glance thru without any further click. Also it saves times for everyone, else we need a comment on the comment. ST da's comments are themselves good and dont want to clutter by further explanation.

2. Sometimes few threads are deleted, so its better to have comments from their in toto than just link because once thread is deleted, links will be redundant.

3. Why the thread is read-only, because want to have plain collection than any discussion. We have many threads for discussions and chat which is important. This thread want to keep as pure collection thread.

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

Gaur_Krishna

On Friday I had sold Jan Nifty 6300 calls at 137.5 and 6300 puts at 91.4 giving a total of Rs 228.9 . Covered these for a combined premium of 211.00 .Taken this quick profit as IVs being low, expecting some large movement in the new year.

Smart_trade

================

Originally Posted by DanPickUp View Post

Nice short straddle and at the right moment in and out. Happy new year in advance to you. DanPickUp

================
Thanks Dan. That short straddle was for quick scalp for 1-2 days and particularly for eating weekend premium. Also this level is a support level for nifty in short term...so some small profit for holding the position over weekend is welcome.

Happy New Year to you too from all of us in Traderji.

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by AFORASTRO View Post
when will we be having 24/7 market????

================
24/7 market ?? There is lot more to life than trading and profits and loss....we must have enough time to enjoy life.

24/7 market ....hmmm are you acting on behalf of Sudoku for furthering his psychologist business ??

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

I got a few pms from some members that they will not be posting in TJ in the new year because of low quality of posts, fights, pointless arguments, multiple ID posts. This is a cause for worry. We must have some good trading related posts also along with chit chat posts....

Smart_trade

Gaur_Krishna

Originally Posted by silenthelper View Post
ST.......now you are in which boat? I am still bullish side.........
I am not in any boat. I am relaxing on the seashore and looking at high/low tides and waves and the boats going up and down.

ST

Gaur_Krishna

Morgan Stanley has studied about 200 companies and came out with best 20 companies which are likely to give good returns in next 10 years. There are 14 critaria used for this selection and they are Sales growth,profit growth,Debt/equity ratio /EPS growth,return on capital etc.

These companies are as under :

1) Page Industries 2) Bosch 3)Infosis 4)Shriram City Union 5) Crysil 6)Bajaj Auto 7) ITC 8) TCS 9)NMDC 10) Oil India 11) Sun Pharma 12) Karur Vaishya Bank 13) HDFC Bank 14) Asian Paints 15) Shriram Transport Finance 16) Emami 17) M & M Financials 18) Nestle 19) Cadila 20) Wipro

One can make a small portfolio of these stocks and watch them grow.

Smart_trade