Icons falling by the wayside

Are you suggesting that Tendulkar should have retired by performing his best by taking steriods and other banned performance enhancement drugs just in the manner Armstrong did?

While I agree that he should have retired in his prime like Gavaskar did, the metaphor is a bit contradictory as Armstrong himself is a fallen hero.

Best Regards,
--Ashish
No Ashish, I am not suggesting that Tendulkar shd have taken steroids or anything like that, but only that he should have sensed when he has peaked, and shd have called it a day then ... its not as if he needs more money to sustain his family ... he has enough, all know (earnings and gifts)

Its like, in the markets, the pros know when to book profits (and also when to cut losses) , instead of getting more greedy (or hoping against hope) and ending up losing

By the way, in the last game, for every run he scored , Pathan scored 11, and Harbajhan nearly 5 (am I right ?). So I can imagine how he must be feeling.

IMHO, he shd seriously introspect and call it a day, even now ... its not too late, and it certainly isn't too early.

AGILENT:rolleyes:

No Ashish, I am not suggesting that Tendulkar shd have taken steroids or anything like that, but only that he should have sensed when he has peaked, and shd have called it a day then ... its not as if he needs more money to sustain his family ... he has enough, all know (earnings and gifts)

Its like, in the markets, the pros know when to book profits (and also when to cut losses) , instead of getting more greedy (or hoping against hope) and ending up losing

By the way, in the last game, for every run he scored , Pathan scored 11, and Harbajhan nearly 5 (am I right ?). So I can imagine how he must be feeling.

IMHO, he shd seriously introspect and call it a day, even now ... its not too late, and it certainly isn't too early.

It will take him several more innings b4 he can total up to Harbhajan's score in the First inning

Tch Tch

AGILENT

C

CreditViolet

Agilent

See below.

Isnt it little disrespectful for a man who has played so well and broken all known batting records, to suggest that he should retire?

CV
:eek:

Attachments

Agilent

See below.

Isnt it little disrespectful for a man who has played so well and broken all known batting records, to suggest that he should retire?

CV
:eek:
U get me wrong.

I respect him, and care for his long term reputation , that's why I am suggesting he shd retire .

Also, I believe (cricket experts ... pl corroborate ) that his attitude in recent ODIs has been somewhat selfish, and clearly shows he has been trying to stay on in the field at the cost of runs for the Team (at least in one of the ODIs I believe his scoring rate was pathetic) .

Fortunately for him, the press and entire India has been undercritical, and continue to treat him like God

Look at some leading US carmakers .. they are getting closer and closer to bankruptcy. Would you suggest that merely because they have had a glorious past, they will continue to prosper indefinitely?

No way !

AGILENT

Over 10 K members ..
but no one has any comment to offer on any of these Icons ??

C'mon guys.... I know this is a trading forum.... but there is a life beyond stocks and shares, u know

hmmm...well .....if people really start listing all the icons that have fallen you would wish you never started this thread.....you know it can raise a lot of heat and dust, even sound and fury.....ok here i go

my idol man mohan singh ........fell from the pedastal the day he allowed himself to be used as a tool to push aside natwar singh from external affairs ministry so as to pave the way for a deal with usa that essentially compromises our sovereignty and in the long run would result in effectively capping our nuclear deterrant.....i know this a topic where there could be strong disagreements.....but since you specifically asked for something other than market....i have expressed my opinion and shall leave it at that.....

all non-performers should be kicked out and ask to play ranji for atleast 6 months, before they can be enrolled into National Team.

1 Rule for All..

Satya
Sehwag and Sachin , both in my view should be rested .

To put it in the lingo of this fraternity, they are like scrips continuing to rule on v high PEs (> 80) despite quarter after quarter of losses !

Its time they 'corrected'.That will be healthy.

If they resist that, they might just get off the radar screen (relegated to 'Z' category, or worse still ... delisted :eek: )

AGILENT

Sehwag and Sachin , both in my view should be rested .

To put it in the lingo of this fraternity, they are like scrips continuing to rule on v high PEs (> 80) despite quarter after quarter of losses !

Its time they 'corrected'.That will be healthy.

If they resist that, they might just get off the radar screen (relegated to 'Z' category, or worse still ... delisted :eek: )

AGILENT
Came across this on rediffmail http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2007/jan/11resp1.htm

Funny .... I thought I was the only one ... but looks like there are a few others too in this vast country, who have the gall to criticise the master blaster ! (How dare they ?? ... I can almost hear the one billion people roaring)

PS Meanwhile... two other icons were in the news at the same time earlier today ... both being treated by the media like heroes. Sanjay Dutt and Navjot Siddhu.

The latter is making it sound as if his act of surrender has made him the biggest star in India. Self righteous buffonery at its best !

As long as the masses keep idolising such people, India will keep shining .. or will it ? Or will it even be 'poised' ?

Came across this on rediffmail http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2007/jan/11resp1.htm

Funny .... I thought I was the only one ... but looks like there are a few others too in this vast country, who have the gall to criticise the master blaster ! (How dare they ?? ... I can almost hear the one billion people roaring)

PS Meanwhile... two other icons were in the news at the same time earlier today ... both being treated by the media like heroes. Sanjay Dutt and Navjot Siddhu.

The latter is making it sound as if his act of surrender has made him the biggest star in India. Self righteous buffonery at its best !

As long as the masses keep idolising such people, India will keep shining .. or will it ? Or will it even be 'poised' ?

No one has anything to say on Tendulkar ?? Or Sehwag ?

How sad .... sigh !

AGILENT