ICICIDirect doesnt send all the IPO bids to stock market

hi,

It should be something like , when you purchase a Pentiam processor one
can check its originality by visiting its official website by entering serial no. dealer etc. here web sites of issue registrars are not of that levels.lets hope for better days.

thanks

sharv.

I also do not have confidence with icicidirect. I applied for Sasken (#150), IDFC (#500), RamRupai (#500), MSP (#500) and still I got not a single allottment. I doubt about it.. I was thinking is it only me and my luck or it is ICICIdirect?

after reading this thread i am really confused
even i am an icicidirect member
and i am interested in applying for the ipo of southern online bio technologies through icicidirect.com

but now
after reading this thread i dont know what to do

isnt there anyone who has actually got alloted after applying from icicidirect.com ?

following is reply from Icicidirect regarding IPO's
"The IPO's allotment will be are entirely taken care by the registrar of the company and totally depends on the discretion of the registrar. We request you to contact the registrar of the company to have further details."
now u know where Icicdirect stands
regards
ragh_ash

To recount my experience, I have applied for Biocon, TCS IPOs through I-Direct and got allotment. However, I did not get any allotment for Bharati Shipyard, Dwarikesh etc., the list is long. I have stopped trading through I-Direct for the past six months. I have applied the unfancy way of filling up forms through IndiaInfoline (aka 5Paisa). I got allotment in EVERY IPO so far (Only Talbros is pending) : India Infoline, Yes Bank, Nectar, even IDFC.

I am not sure if the lack of allotment is due to I-Direct. But, is there anybody who has consistently got allotments applying for IPOs through I-Direct ? A contrarian view would be helpful here.

I am not sure if this is the case. This is the first time I haven't got the shares via ICICIDirect. Previously I got TCS, Allahabad Bank, HTMedia, etc all from ICICIDirect. I think it is more to do with the allocation method company has adopted. I have also heard that whoever applied for the maximum cap (Rs 1,00,000) got the shares via ICICIDirect. But how true is this, I have no idea.

However, ICICI have there own set of problems. I lost a good amount of money because of issue with their system on 18th August. Till date they haven't paid me back (they promised me to pay back the loss and the brokerage). Every now and then I remind them and get same answer that we are still working on the refund.

I had also applied many times through ICICI DIRECT.COM . But when I checked my allotment on Karvy.karishma.com it always shows the STATUS. So, they are sending our entries/money to the concern. But i am also surprising that I also NEVER got any allotment through ICICI DIRECT.COM

i am currently using ICICI Direct account and am very new to this field of speculations and quotes.... but i want to make my share of profits here :D

After reading a few messages in the begining am little confused :confused: .

Can anybody enlighten me abt ICICI Direct disadv over other brokers like IndiaBulls/ ShareKhan and others...

HI ALL,

i AM newbie to the trading, can any one please tell me.. what it mean by discount to the retail investors,, suppose i am applying for SKS micro finance using ICICI direct and the there is 50 discount for the retails customer.

wats the best way to apply for the SKS micro finance .. as of now i selected retails and selected the cut off price and then submitted my application for the SKS micro fianance using ICICI direct.

is it the correct way that i did, can some one thow some light to me on this.

rajeabc

Hi,

There is a rumour going around that although ICICIDirect accepts biddings for IPO's but they
do not process all the bids and donot send them to the stock exchange. As a result you never get IPO's alloted to you.

A lot of people seem to have complained that they do not get IPO's alloted to them when they apply through icicidirect.

Please give me some feedback on your experience with ICICIDirect?

How is Indiabull's or Sharekhan?

Thanks,
Nilendu
I would have got 9 out of 10 times I applied . But not recently.