ICICI Direct Sucks

asnavale

The worst aspect of icici direct is that it logs out every minute....

Any idea about Angel Brokering?
ICICIDirect does not log you out frequently. It has a built in safety feature which logs you out if there is no activity for some time. I have remained logged in for more than an hour without getting logged out. I just keep on refreshing the page or do something harmless just to keep the activity going on. But it is true that their brokerage charges are high. Although the minimum trade is for Rs. 500, the minimum brokerage is high.

-Anant

murthymsr

ICICIDirect does not log you out frequently. It has a built in safety feature which logs you out if there is no activity for some time. I have remained logged in for more than an hour without getting logged out. I just keep on refreshing the page or do something harmless just to keep the activity going on. But it is true that their brokerage charges are high. Although the minimum trade is for Rs. 500, the minimum brokerage is high.

-Anant
Hi,

If one is using firefox, with the Add-on 'ReloadEvery', one can choose the update frequency from a few seconds to a few hours. This may help with ICICI and many other situations like obtaining the latest quotes.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115

murthymsr

bunny

Isn't ICICI Direct an example of genius marketing by consolidating database of its consumers? Inspite of so much bad press on the web, it still manages to have to so many clients as well as leech them heavily through brokerage? This is a mammoth advantage of having a large client base!

rajeabc

Isn't ICICI Direct an example of genius marketing by consolidating database of its consumers? Inspite of so much bad press on the web, it still manages to have to so many clients as well as leech them heavily through brokerage? This is a mammoth advantage of having a large client base!
Bunny ,

I fell its more than just the database. Actually what happens when people want to open a demat/trading a/c first time they look for a reliable bank/agent so they never look for a small private broker and feel its better to pay more and be safe.More at start the ever plan to trade much .
Once they open their a/c with ICICI then they realise that they arepaying much more than other customers of other brokerages houses.At this stage if they trade a lot then will find and change to another brokerage house else they will continue with ICICI.
This is the story with me as well.

rgds
rajesh

bunny

Bunny ,

I fell its more than just the database. Actually what happens when people want to open a demat/trading a/c first time they look for a reliable bank/agent so they never look for a small private broker and feel its better to pay more and be safe.More at start the ever plan to trade much .
Once they open their a/c with ICICI then they realise that they arepaying much more than other customers of other brokerages houses.At this stage if they trade a lot then will find and change to another brokerage house else they will continue with ICICI.
This is the story with me as well.

rgds
rajesh
Hi Rajesh,

You are correct about its aftermath - when people realize that they are being ripped off. But sadly, not many people realize that. They are still wearing those rosy glasses.

I have a relative(a lawyer by profession) who is paying around 50 paise intraday. I am not sure of this fig but this is what he 'told' me. I told him that its too high. But he still does not agree. Infact, he keeps on bragging that ICICI offers him "special discount" on brokerage because of his profession. He is greatly elated and gratified by the special discount offered to him. What can be done about these people!

for small investors standard brokerage rates be around Rs. 0.03 % i.e. Rs. 30 per LAC on Sell Side, And Around Rs. 300 Per Lac Delivery on Sell Side.
ICICI direct is exorbitant.
But teh best about them are their trading strategies and recommendations. Using their account only to get strategies. its worth for that.