i want to become a sub broker

SavantGarde

Naren,

Drive A Hard Bargain...With Them

Tell Them All The Infrastructure Is Yours & Therefore Least They Can Do Is Provide Their Part Of It Free Of Cost, After All They Are Sharing The Profits.

Another Thing....

2 Terminals
With Following Segments Should Come Free & Any Additional Terminal For Which They Ask For Extra Money Is Ok, But Negotiate Till They Drop Dead In Submission

What To Expect Free

a) 2 CTCL IDs (Two Terminals)
b) BSE Cash, BSE F&O, NSE Cash, NSE F&O, NSE Currency Derivative, NCDEX & MCX

You Can Choose Any Combinations Of The Above Segments Or All For Both Terminals

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde.

Thanks for this excellent material SavantGarde . I am in talk with Angel broking, they are asking CTCL connectivity by Odin, Rs 250/- per segment per license per month, is this reasonable? any view on Angel, thanks again :)

First Do Not Touch Motilal Oswal, Even If They Are The Last Broker On This Planet.

Now Coming To Other Things What A Prospective Sub-Broker Should Look For Before Deciding Who To Tie Knot With.

1) Must Not Agree To Pay Deposit, Instead Any Deposit Should Be Given As Shares or Bonds, Also Negotiate The Deposit.

2) Now Coming To Brokerage Sharing, Instead Of Brokerage Sharing, Negotiate For Minimum Required By The Broker So That Anything Charged Over & Above Is Yours. Putting It Point Wise As To What You Should Settle For Broker To Keep.
a) Cash Deliivery 0.10% Minimum 2 Paise
b) Cash Square Up Same Day 0.001% One Side Minimum 2 Paise
c) F&O Delivery 0.01% Both Legs Minimum 2 Paise
d) F&O Square Up Same Day 0.01% One Side Only Minimum 2 Paise

3) Now What You Could Charge Your Clients

a) Cash Delivery 0.30 - 0.50%
b) Cash Square Up Same Day 0.04 - 0.08%
c) F&O Delivery 0.03 - 0.08% Both Legs
d) F&O Square Up Same Day 0.03 - 0.08% One Side Only
e) Minimum 4 - 6 Paise For All The Above

4) Commodities You Will Need To Check With Somebody Else To Know The Rates Or Do Some Research On Your Own.

5) SEBI Registration Is 20000/- For Both BSE & NSE (10 & 10) Registration Valid For 5 Years From The Date On The Certificate Of Registration

6) Eligibilty Is Minimum HSC (Am Not Sure) You Will Need To Check On This, Alternatively 3 or 5 Years Experience With A Broker Incase You Don't Meet The Educational Eligibility (You Will Need A Certificate From The Broker For Your Service For Submission)

7) Do Not Agree To Pay Anything To The Broker Besides The Negotiated Deposit (Either Money or Shares Whatever The Case Maybe)

8) Other Charges Asked By The Broker Are As Follows:
a) Back Office Software One Time Charge
b) CTCL IDs Depending On The Number Of Segments You Want
c) Do Not Agree To Pay The Annual Charges For CTCL IDs

9) If Printed Stationery Is Being Provided By The Broker For You To Print The Contracts & Monthly DP Statement & Etc. To e Given To Your Clients, Do Not Agree To Pay For The Stationery

10) Reasons For All The Above Points Can Be Cited As Your Investment In Infrastructure (Premises, Staff, Phones, Internet Computers & Dealer Terminals, Printer, Consumables, A/C, & Other Incidenals Such As Snacks, Tea, Coffee & Whatever As Your Part Of The Investment To Get The Business Started, Therefore Any Thing Else Required Such As CTCL IDs (Reasonably Upto 2), Back Office Software, Stationery Should Be Brokers Investment For Their Earnings From Your Brokerage Operation, Quite Reasonable In My Opinion, Now Is As Good A Time As Any To Drive A Hard Bargain. Since The Business Is Down Almost 70-80% For Most of Them (Now You Know Why MOSL Is Putting Ads For 'Business Associates')

11) Caring For Your Business & Its Growth Will Entirely Depend On Your Handling Of Clients.

12) Do Not Recommend Scrips Just For The Sake Of Earning Brokerage, If You Think The Market Is Not Right For Investment Tell Your Clients To Stay Away & That You Will Let Them Know When Is The Right Time To Start With Investments.

13) Brokerage Research & Their Team Recommending Scrips To BUY, You Will Need To Put Them Through Your Own Stress Test, To Gauge The Quality Of Their Research, Do Not Blindly Recommend Whatever Recommendations Are Given To You By Your Broker, Unless You Have Developed A Certain Amount Of Faith In Their Research.

14) Drive The Bargain Harder By Free Trading & Demat Accounts For Your Clients, You Will Be Surprised How Easily They Will Agree To That With A Wee Bit Of Resistance..:)

15) It Is Upto You If You Want To Charge The Clients For Account Opening & Keep The Charges For Yourself. ( I Have No View On That)

16) Do Not Get Into Any Kind Of Hard Cash Dealing, Everything Is Always Without Exception By Cheque.

17) Clients Who Look Upto You For Investment Ideas, Worry About Their Capital First, Before Your Own (This Will Keep You In Good Stead In The Long Term)

18) Ideal Mix For The Business Should Be 70-30 (F&O - Cash Respectively)

Now, Do You Still Want To Be A Sub-Broker.....:)

SavantGarde

Hi SavantGarde,

I am planning to become subbroker.
I went through your post.It is very useful.Thanks for your post.

1) I talked with Angel broking.They asked Rs 1 lakh deposit.I have Fixed Deposit for Rs 1 lakh in KVB bank.
can I provide copy of FD receipt instead of giving Rs 1 lakh as hardcash to them ?.

2) Angel person informed me that they will give sharing ratio as 60:40 and minimum brokerage to be allowed for a client
is as follows

a) Cash Deliivery 10 paisa for Rs 100. Both Legs Minimum 20 Paise
b) Cash Square Up Same Day 1 paisa for Rs 100.Both Legs Minimum 2 Paise
c) F&O Delivery 0.01%. Both Legs Minimum 2 Paise
d) F&O Square Up Same Day 0.01%. Both Legs Minimum 2 Paise

If I assign above charge to my client (who will be heavy volume trader),will I get gain as below since sharing ratio is 60:40

a) Cash Deliivery 12 Paise for Rs 100 for both legs
b) Cash Square Up 1.2 Paise for Rs 100 for both legs
c) F&O Delivery 1.2 Paise for Rs 100 for both legs
d) F&O Square 1.2 Paise for Rs 100 for both legs

Do I understand wrongly or correctly ?.Is sharing ratio not applicable,If I assign minimum brokerage(i.e 1 paisa for Rs 100 for intraday for one leg ,
10 paisa for Rs 100 for delivery for one leg) to my client ?.Please clarify me.

3) My clients will trade only in NSE.So can I do registration only with NSE ?.So I can save Rs 10k without registering in BSE.
Is registration with BSE compulsary to become subbroker ?.

4)If I want NCDEX,should I pay any excess amount for NCDEX registration after NSE registration ?.

5)After I will take subbrokership,Can my relatives join as clients with me ?.I think family memebers should not become client with me.Is it so ?.

Request you to provide your clarifications for the above 5 points.
still I dont talk with him about CTCL IDs.After talking with him,will ask your advice,if I will get doubt.
Thanks in advance.

Dear Savantji could you please tell me that in order to become a subbroker which all exams are to given in NSE?
Regards
Biswa

Hey guys more than anything think about why one broker is charging less and the other is charging more??.. And how are all still in business???.. More than getting a good deal out of the whole thing by focussing on the smaller charges which one broker is willing to exempt & another is not...

Focus on you're requirement & which Broker would be a best fit for your type of clientele, your needs & your location...

All brokers have some benefits & disadvantages... Its not easy to rule one out solely based on a few small charges.. It may turn out to be a lot more expensive commiting to the wrong broker.. Trust me I have experience in dealing with over 5-6 brokers of all sizes..

Hey guys more than anything think about why one broker is charging less and the other is charging more??.. And how are all still in business???.. More than getting a good deal out of the whole thing by focussing on the smaller charges which one broker is willing to exempt & another is not...

Focus on you're requirement & which Broker would be a best fit for your type of clientele, your needs & your location...

All brokers have some benefits & disadvantages... Its not easy to rule one out solely based on a few small charges.. It may turn out to be a lot more expensive commiting to the wrong broker.. Trust me I have experience in dealing with over 5-6 brokers of all sizes..

Hi Viren as you have mentioned you have dealing experience with 5-6 brokers can you tell me as whether these brokers return back your deposit incase if you want to change over to some other broker? As you said rightly that it may turn out to be a lot more expensive commiting to the wrong broker... Can you suggest me few good brokers?
Thanx
Biswa

Hi Biswa,

Reply: your Deposit is yours and will always remain yours. They have to return it to you. More over most Brokers usually do return the same within one month after you have requested for the same. Although there are some brokers who notoriously hold it back for a longer period: these guys are usually the bigger and more established names in the market.

In order to suggest a few brokers to you : Please Provide a reply to a few of these Questions:

1.Locality of Business
2. Primary or Secondary Business:
3. Max. Target Clientele- Day Traders, Long term investors, a mix of both-
3.Max Type of target clientele - HNI's, Retail Inventors, Day Traders
4.Do you have an existing client base or a Sub Brokership if yes with who.