I have a few simple questions?

When you buy shares there will be option to select like - Whether you want to buy shares as Delivery OR Margin OR Intraday.
I can't find anything like this in any of the demos I have seen till now. I specially watched ICICI direct online demos and when I am placing an order to buy I can see only a choice between cash and margin under the selection product. I cant find any thing that says intra day on the buy order. Is this because I only saw a demo?

In reality, Can you please tell me exactly where I will find the selection between delivery/margin/intraday

I understand what you said. I just can't find it.:confused:

It could be because of the fact that it was just a demo.

You will find it or you may just ask the broker to show the real trading terminal when you go to open an account.
It will be there on the Buy Panel or Sell Panel. I have not seen how ICICI's trading terminal works, but in Indiabulls it is like this.

d_s_ramesh

You need not bother much about intraday or delivery. Select a good brokerage anything like indiabulls, 5paisa etc., All shares bought and sold the same day before market closes is treated as intraday and brokerage will be less, if you don't close your position, they treat it as delivery and the brokerage will change.

In ICICI we have this time limit to square off before 3.00 or 2.50 pm I suppose, I use ICICI only for long term purchases, so I don't know what is their procedures now.

ICICI does not give your terminal to trade, without terminal it is hard to do intraday trades.

ICICI does not give your terminal to trade, without terminal it is hard to do intraday trades.
thanks for the info.

ok, I am interested only in intraday and maybe some delivery if Iam forced to. I don't wanna use margin. Some people say intraday is not allowed without margin. I don't know if this is true. Only one way to find out I guess... Do it myself!!:)

thanks for the info.

I don't wanna use margin. Some people say intraday is not allowed without margin.
Dear Friend,
Margin is nothing but a facility given by your broker. It is the leverage u get for the cash u have deposited which is normally 10 times (may vary according to your broker) of the amount in ur trading account.
for example :
you have deposited Rs. 1000 with your broker
and if he gives 10 times leverage then u can do transaction amounting = 10000
if you dont want to use margin facility you just do transactions less than 1000 Rs

Seniors pls correct me if I am wrong (as i am also a newbie)
Best of Luck
-
AviD

from what i know, all brokers are the same. If they smell your inexperience, they can really take advantage of you. It is better to teach yourself as much as you can and then get a broker that will just do what you tell him; not the other way round. The stock market is not really friendly for beginners.You might get blown up because of that inexperience so be careful