How to trade with an oscillator

smart_trade

you have used candlestick body close for adds any particular reason for that or is it some method?

thanks
Many traders use body closes to initiate positions as well as add. I prefer using them when I an confident about a trend and want early entry in add. Actually one can take ad position below the low of the highest candle in the corrective upmove when the trend has turned down. That is a bit aggressive but will give you an early add....

Smart_trade

murthyavr

Thanks Smart_trader for a great post :clapping::clap::clapping:

:thumb: The Oscillator Entry Qualifiers for a Long Trade are as under :

1. The oscillator should have gone to oversold zone.

2. Wait for a bar where the oscillator flips...ie comes out of oversold zone and comes in neutral zone....

3. In doing step No 2 the oscillator should not have stayed in oversold zone for 5 bars and more

4. Wait for an upclose ( meaning close more than earlier bar's close)

5. Ensure that by that time oscillator does not go very near overbought region

6. Buy when the high of the upclose bar is broken on upside.....

1. How many bars can we wait, after the upclose, for the upward break? Is there a max. limit?

2. For deciding upon whether the high of the upclose bar is broken, do we need to wait till the formation of the candle?

Thank you..

ST,
Stcts settings shud b used only for 5min or even for 30 min TF ?
If It could be used for 30 min, as of 12th and 13th how would u hv traded, pls explin.

thnks for the chart vk

but for now
:annoyed: dun know wat to do with todays chart its so the (stochastic ).....volatileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:annoyed:

:D
Here it is.. enjoy..:D

VK

I am new, just going through this great thread. On this chart wasnt the 5 candles in OB met? When it came out of the OS area, is there not a buy signal? Would this be one of the expected whipsaws or is it that there is no signal? Could someone please check this for me? Thanks.

I am new, just going through this great thread. On this chart wasnt the 5 candles in OB met? When it came out of the OS area, is there not a buy signal? Would this be one of the expected whipsaws or is it that there is no signal? Could someone please check this for me? Thanks.
This being an old chart, I am unable to see whether the market reamained in OB region for over 5 bars....

The oscillator qualifiers say that if it is staying in OB region for more than 5 bars then selling is not recommended. But the experience has indicated that many times the upmove accelerates so we buy with close stoploss as the market can take a deep correction before resuming its uptrend. Also if market stays for 8-10 bars or more in OB zone, many times it exhausts itself and buying into extended upmove should be avoided in such cases...

Smart_trade