How to trade with an oscillator

Hi sumitdasjoshi,
I think still you are not read thread fully. Go back and read from first page.
S.T sir answer all about use of EMA and BB with STS.

For change EMA in investbull, first you remove the existing one through a mouse click inside the box and backspace key and add the new one. After add the new one must press Enter key. Then only new ema will add.

Regards,
S.Saravanan

Oscillators such as Stochastics,RSI,ROC are important tools in the hands of a trader trading on technical analysis. But oscillators are generally used in a wrong way and the common reaction of traders is to sell if the oscillator goes into overbought zone and buy once it moves in oversold zone.

The above is too simplistic way of trading with an oscillator....here we will discuss some nonconventional ways.....

Best wishes for the " Oscillating Roller Coaster Journey"

Smart_trade
-----deleted-----

Last edited:

AW10

AW10

i meant what i said. but if it really works for someone (CONSISTENTLY), then its fine. post at least 20 consecutive live trades based on this method, i will change my mind & will back my word also.
So, if I understand you correctly, your criteria of good strategy is "it shd produce 20 +ive trades consecutively".

In my view, we trade our belief. If that is what u feel, then it is absolutely right. But others may not look for this as criteria to evaluate the strategy. All strategies, indicators fail in market,and all of them work in certain situation. It is upto us to know when it is going to work and get the best from that.. and equally important to know when it is not going to work and hence cut our losses quickly.

At the end, trading is the game of probablity.. not a game of being 100% right every time.

What is mentioned in this strategy is smart use of stochastics indicator. I don't remember Smart_trader mentioning that it will work every time or for that matter will produce 20 consecutive winners.

So it is not fair to tag something at GLOBAL level and say that it is useless.
That is the message I wanted to pass to the readers of this thread hence asked few questions. I don't trade this strategy to the dot, but I do use Stochastics in my trading. And I have learnt some good stuff regarding when not to trust stochasitcs signal but ignore them.

Anyway, all the best with your system. Let other do what they want to do.

Happy Trading

So, if I understand you correctly, your criteria of good strategy is "it shd produce 20 +ive trades consecutively".

In my view, we trade our belief. If that is what u feel, then it is absolutely right. But others may not look for this as criteria to evaluate the strategy. All strategies, indicators fail in market,and all of them work in certain situation. It is upto us to know when it is going to work and get the best from that.. and equally important to know when it is not going to work and hence cut our losses quickly.

At the end, trading is the game of probablity.. not a game of being 100% right every time.

What is mentioned in this strategy is smart use of stochastics indicator. I don't remember Smart_trader mentioning that it will work every time or for that matter will produce 20 consecutive winners.

So it is not fair to tag something at GLOBAL level and say that it is useless.
That is the message I wanted to pass to the readers of this thread hence asked few questions. I don't trade this strategy to the dot, but I do use Stochastics in my trading. And I have learnt some good stuff regarding when not to trust stochasitcs signal but ignore them.

Anyway, all the best with your system. Let other do what they want to do.

Happy Trading
never talked about 20 consecutive +trades. neway thanks.

i meant what i said. but if it really works for someone (CONSISTENTLY), then its fine. post at least 20 consecutive live trades based on this method, i will change my mind & will back my word also.
You are fully entitled to your opinion.....I have never claimed that this method will work for 20 consecutive trades ...what is presented here is a way of using an indicator.....we trade what we believe...if you believe that the indicators dont work,you will never be able to trade with them....I am sure you have figured out by now what works in daytrading...

I normally dont visit the forum during the market hours as I trade during the day and I have no interest in proving anything to you or making you change your mind.....

Smart_trade

Last edited:
You are fully entitled to your opinion.....I have never claimed that this method will work for 20 consecutive trades ...what is presented here is a way of using an indicator.....we trade what we believe...if you believe that the indicators dont work,you will never be able to trade with them....I am sure you have figured out by now what works in daytrading...

I normally dont visit the forum during the market hours as I trade during the day and I have no interest in proving anything to you or making you change your mind.....

Smart_trade
its ok sir. thanks for your input. please carry on. i am going to delete my comment.