How to select signal line parameter in MACD

The default settings of MACD is 12-26-9 in which 12 is the fast ema 26 is slow ema and 9 is the signal line. If i want to select 25 as fast ema and 60 as slow ema then what should i select as signal line. Should i keep 9 or have to change my default signal parameter. I know we can keep any parameter as signal line but would like to know whether is their any rationally to select signal line?

Last edited:
The default settings of MACD is 12-26-9 in which 12 is the fast ema 26 is slow ema and 9 is the signal line. If i want to select 25 as fast ema and 60 as slow ema then what should i select as signal line. Should i keep 9 or have to change my default signal parameter. I know we can keep any parameter as signal line but would like to know whether is their any rationally to select signal line?
hello,
i would suggest to proportionally change your signal line when you change your fast ema and slow ema. MACD is calculated when you subtract slow ema with fast ema thus signal line should be changed accordingly as it will trigger buy and sell actions according to the changed proportion.
in your case i would suggest to keep signal line around 18-21.
Happy trading