How much return on 1L?

Taurus1

huge thanks hc9001 for a detailed guidance.It made a sense.

-Lini
Good start. :thumb:
From now onwards your best friend is your brain.
Most of the so called experts from the newspapers, TV and Internet forums are clueless.
Do not mistake knowledgeable for profitable.

Research the background on every poster before forming any opinion. Click the username and then click "Find all posts by" to read past posts.
Believe nothing until you verify for yourself and it makes sense to you.

First send 90,000 back to your bank and trade with 10k and see if you can make money.
Paper trading is useless, when real money is on the line it is a different story, so start with small quantity and build from there.

del_66

Good start. :thumb:

First send 90,000 back to your bank and trade with 10k and see if you can make money.Paper trading is useless, when real money is on the line it is a different story, so start with small quantity and build from there.
I second that.. Its better to start with less capital :)

Traders making over 20 % on their trading capital per month are very rare.....they are in top 5 % of the traders population and it is very tough going in that league..... Assuming you have all the qualities and you take all efforts, it will take minimum over 5 years for you to go in over 20 % per month group.....

As a beginner concentrate on playing a great defence....keep your losses to absolute minimum....slowly as you gain screen and trading experience, your entries,exits, position sizing will improve pushing you higher up in the ladder to trading success.

Smart_trade

hi fish

i am to newbe just started trading since 2nd jan & i am purely intraday trader
for scalping u need a good broker with very low brokerage plan & one more thing if u r little bit good with chart then u will surely do wonder in market

First send 90,000 back to your bank and trade with 10k and see if you can make money.
Paper trading is useless, when real money is on the line it is a different story, so start with small quantity and build from there.
In 10k,I'd be able to buy only 35-45 shares(like tata steel/motors).Then,Its hard to cover Brokerage.

Traders making over 20 % on their trading capital per month are very rare.....they are in top 5 % of the traders population and it is very tough going in that league..... Assuming you have all the qualities and you take all efforts, it will take minimum over 5 years for you to go in over 20 % per month group.....

As a beginner concentrate on playing a great defence....keep your losses to absolute minimum....slowly as you gain screen and trading experience, your entries,exits, position sizing will improve pushing you higher up in the ladder to trading success.

Smart_trade
That means on a plain calculation,I need atleast 5 lac capital to make 30k per month(if everything goes well). :O

If its gonna take 5yrs to enter that 20% group,there are 99.99% chance for me to completely remain empty handed. B4 entering trading world,Ive been told that its Richi Richs game only.I always wonder,from where people bring a money once they fully turns amount zero :O

http://www.traderji.com/general-trading-investing-chat/64426-whats-your-primary-source-income.html

udi1970

NSE FUTURES INTRADAY
In 10k,I'd be able to buy only 35-45 shares(like tata steel/motors).Then,Its hard to cover Brokerage.
Hi Fish, why did not you consider the leverage the brokerage house is giving to you. At least, you get 5 times leverage on your 10K trading capital to purchase the shares such as tatamotors. That means, 50K divided by the price of the stock you are purchasing. You may aim for 1% profit target per trade (Rs. 500 profit exclusive of the brokerage and taxes).

Last edited:

Taurus1

You are aiming too low and there are times when you will be selling which you cannot do in shares. You must have a profit target of at least 1%, preferably more.

I'm positional, my preference is first options then futures and last shares. In options a 3-4% move is usually enough to double the investment but the risk is also the same.

10K is more than enough to buy 1 lNifty or stock option after you know what you are doing.
First work on the all important strategy/system/method and then only consider trading.

How long you take to make x% a month is how long you take to find a strategy that makes x% a month.
It could take a lifetime or it could happen tomorrow. :cool:
The choice is yours. :D

How long you take to make x% a month is how long you take to find a strategy that makes x% a month.
It could take a lifetime or it could happen tomorrow. :cool:
The choice is yours. :D
yea,very true.Thanks a lot Taurus1.Learning step by step. :)

Thanks all for the replies.

-Lini