How much profit does a Full-time trader deserves in a Month?

How much return (% wise) is good for a Full-time trader.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soft_trader

Your system and your skills in your system are a basic to your success.

% of win various depending on your style of aggressive or defensive kind of taking risk.

That includes your traded MM and position sizing.

So your question does not make any sense at the question is not worked out properly.
My poll is for knowing individual traders target. And what the majority of traders wants. that's it :)

vikrit

My poll is for knowing individual traders target. And what the majority of traders wants. that's it :)
Dan is right. This is a subjective question, and there are many parameters which decide what is good return so fix percentage answers can't give any good conclusion.

IMO main parameters are -
1. how much labour one can put. not talking about time, as full-time trader have too much time. ;)
2. in which stage trader is, new/in search of holy grail/developing trading system(s) or how much proficiency one have in trading
3. what is accuracy rate of analysis (or system/rules) in bull/bear/sideways/range market.
4. trader capital, how much margin required and how much exposure broker is giving.
5. monthly profit target fits in with trader's risk management rules for this system and accuracy rate in this market.
6. most important : How much one CAN DIGEST without Feeling HIGH.:p:D (talking about amount not percentage)

may be you will think its a simple question, why people just can't choose one option, giving two small part-time traders examples. i know both of them personally, have seen their a/cs many times, both trade only in commodities.

one trader deposited 1.1 lakh rupees in his a/c, in start earn some- loose some, till 3-4 months little profit, means worked for broker. after that earning more than 20k averagely. but whenever he cross 50k in a single month, INDIGESTION happens, he start loosing money, sometimes took 1 whole month to be back on track.

2nd trader deposited 25k, in the very first month he lost 14k. he stopped trading, studied market. started again, for next 2-3 months little profit, after that average daily earning more than 1500/- per day. monthly average more than 25k. but never ever keep more than 20k in a/c.

for first one psychological problem is at 50k irrespective of capital. so for him 30k is good with approx 1lakh capital until he learns to digest bigger amount. whenever reach 40k-50k, should take a break to digest.

for second one 125% or more is good, but only if a/c capital is 20k, b/c he AND his system/rules can utilize effectively 40k only (includes margin).

by chance, asking for sample monthly target for a full-time trader to improve/set other parameters, then (as per my experience in NSE F&O and MCX commodity markets) -

for capital
25k, 10k is good
50k, 25k is good;
>1lakh <1.5lakhs, 60% is good;
>2.5lakhs <5lakhs, 80% is good.

above this my digestion start showing 'E' :D. learning to improve.:)

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Bullshit

A man becomes what he thinks about most of the time.

This is not my saying but said by Vincent Norman.
And repeated by EVERY self help guru.

If you think otherwise, I feel sad for you.
but I think most of time as winner...why I have not become yet....ye vincent bhi fail ho gaya kya in my case.....:lol:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
bhai full time trader ki capital minimum 300k -500k honi chahiye....that means 10% per month is enough........if capital is 10 lakhs then 10% is 1lakh per month......bahut hai.....
problem is small trader with 30 - 40k ....like me want to make 10k with 30k.....yehi lafda hai...:mad:

soft_trader

bhai full time trader ki capital minimum 300k -500k honi chahiye....that means 10% per month is enough........if capital is 10 lakhs then 10% is 1lakh per month......bahut hai.....
problem is small trader with 30 - 40k ....like me want to make 10k with 30k.....yehi lafda hai...:mad:
Yes bhai, you are absolutely right. For a small trader like us (me also) we are under capitalized. And under capitalized accounts are blown very easily. Applying money management on these small accounts are also tuff.

Full time trader deserves 200% returns. But will he get it? More importantly does he know how to get even 20% returns? That is the bigger question!!

soft_trader

I am very glad to see such king of support for this thread.

Thank you all and I look forward for more participation in this poll. thank you :thumb:

megapixel

I'm sad to see the poll results ... 20% return :mad:

mein socha tha ppl will vote for minimum 50% return per month :cool:

ei poll mein rigging hua hai ...I demand a repoll :rofl:

soft_trader

I'm sad to see the poll results ... 20% return :mad:

mein socha tha ppl will vote for minimum 50% return per month :cool:

ei poll mein rigging hua hai ...I demand a repoll :rofl:
It is just 2 days now since the poll has started. Wait for a few more weeks and the outcome of the result will be much more clear.

Note: The majority of the result is now at 50% + mark.