Help required - Trading for passion and livelihood

Hello,

I am an engineer. I have a software company.

I do equity trading (not intraday but delivery based short term).

But I want to make this as my primary source of livelihood.

Reason is that I find it more passionate of becoming a trader than a coder.

So my question is
1. how can i become a professional trader (note I am not asking how to make profit. that is my personal lookout. My question is how can i change my icicidirect trading to a professional setup with latest technology setup)

2. instead of my software firm i can better open a trading firm which do trading to make profits. (note i dont mean brokrage or sub-brokarage. But trading firm who use its own money to generate profit/loss of itself)

please help me.

SexyTrader

Hello,

So my question is
1. how can i become a professional trader (note I am not asking how to make profit. that is my personal lookout. My question is how can i change my icicidirect trading to a professional setup with latest technology setup)

2. instead of my software firm i can better open a trading firm which do trading to make profits. (note i dont mean brokrage or sub-brokarage. But trading firm who use its own money to generate profit/loss of itself)

please help me.
Trading for most people is very tough and not so easy to make it a primary source of livelihood. You really need to have nerves of steel so better stick to delivery coz intraday is very very tough!

throwawayacc123

Hello,

So my question is

please help me.
Trust me , you don't want to do this. if you have a comfortable job in software industry stick with it. Trading is a very hard business. Takes years to master.

If i had the choice of a comfy job i would have taken it. Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.

I know you are dreaming of a easy and comfy trading lifestyle. you have no idea of the pain and struggle behind it.

My advice , think really hard before you get into trading, because once you get in deep, there is no way out. Its not for everyone.

throwawayacc123 , I appreciate your concern.

I have a trading experience of 12 years. I have software experience of 15 years.

I don't want to die as a software coder or managing a group of coders.

I want to do stock trading in a professionally setup environment. Give employment to others in this field.

Its not that i want to do this because i am bore of software. I want to do this because i want to do this. I just dont know how to setup a professional setup.

So please I dont need ethicality of trading related answer. I know that.

I need answer for "how to convert my icicidirect kind of delivery based trading to a professionally managed trading with the latest technology"

throwawayacc123

I have a trading experience of 12 years. I have software experience of 15 years.

I want to do stock trading in a professionally setup environment. Give employment to others in this field.

Its not that i want to do this because i am bore of software. I want to do this because i want to do this. I just dont know how to setup a professional setup.

I need answer for "how to convert my icicidirect kind of delivery based trading to a professionally managed trading with the latest technology"
if you have been trading for 12 yrs , you should have your answer by now.

In any case - pass the dealer certification from NSE and get a dealer terminal, a nice big account , a decent charting app , few monitors depending on your trading style and you are set.

Please get rid of icicidirect and go with a discount broker - Zerodha or any other ones. your new broker will help you with setting up a dealer terminal.

Again thanks. But why dealer terminal. I guess it is for trading on behalf of others. I don't want to trade other's money.
I want to trade my own money or money taken on loan.

I want to know whether NSE membership required or doing via ICICI direct or Zerodha is enough?

For analysis which all softwares should i use. I dont do intraday or Fno trading.
What kind of people I hire?

agsuresh

//I need answer for "how to convert my icicidirect kind of delivery based trading to a professionally managed trading with the latest technology"//

With truck loads of money - like rakesh junjunwalla!

i think your question is not clear.......can you explain in detail.

as far as i understood ..my answer is ..

please go step by step ...trading products , brokers and software to charting ..then ...how to trade in particular products .

once you get clear idea about all the above steps..you will be able to do all what you want.

SexyTrader

If you have trading experience of 12 years, you really would not be asking this question ! :)

Anyway maybe you have doubts about whether you can really do it intraday....anyway the answer is NO coz its too tough.

Hi, you need to the following if you want to be a full time trader. This is what i did...

1. Find as many traders as possible in your city and sit with them and understand how they operate.
2. Revisit you analysis techniques. May be enroll into classes, sit with an expert, etc. My take is being full time trader requires more of technical analysis than fundamental. However you can pick your choice. Read lot of books.
3. Make as many methods of trading. Back test them. Zero in on two to three methods that work the best in back testing.
4. Get a good real time data with a reliable software.
5. Get a tripple screen trading system.
6. Do cost analysis. With brokerage of icicidirect you will never be successful. Chose a good discount broker. Figure what is your play...
7. Have a psychological help ready. Trading full time requires a great deal of psychological balance of your mind.
8 Have adequate capital in place.
9. Pray sincerely to whichever God you believe.