Help needed in Transferring shares of deceased person to wife.

This is a case of my mothers friend.

Her deceased husband had purchased shares of various companies some 15 years back.

Shares are in the name of her deceased husband.

Husband died in the year 1999.

She has original share certificates in her physical holding.

I need help in transferring the sahres in her name.

What is the procedure?

Please help

Details of share holding:

Reliance Energy Ventures Limited -- 9
Reliance Natural Resources Limited -- 9
Reliance Communications Ventures Limited -- 9
Reliance Capital Ventures Limited -- 9
Mudra Black India Limited -- 100
Ambika Proteins Ltd -- 100
Amrut Credit Corporation (India) Limited -- 100
RamKish Tyres Limited -- 100
RamKish Tyres Limited -- 100
DLF Cement Ltd -- 100
Chambal Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited -- 100
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited -- 100
RajaShree Polyfil Limited -- 100
Reliance Petroleum Limited -- 100


Well-Known Member
Guess as these are physical shares, she will have to approach each company separately or their registrars with death certificate and her claim as legal heir to change the name on the shares.

But first approach the companies and then after hearing from them, take up the issue case by case. The general outline is as above - rest individual companies may have their own requirement of documentation.

Should not be a problem, may take some time but not much.


Broker Special Offers

Intraday Higher Leverage

Save up to 90% in brokerage and get higher leverage for intraday trades.

Are you a day trader?