Help me in selecting the MFs

comm4300

Calm Down! Every investment is a speculation at the wrong price. No offence ment dude. I wanted to know the logic behind your recommendations. I didnt mean to question your judgement.

Warning was that Investing is not as easy as people think and over simplification of it puts grave danger on the persons financial health. :thumb:

If you are persistent I shall point of the fallacy of your recommendation.

Star rated funds are only as good as the fiduciary of the person rating them, be skeptical of all rating except that of your own.

Regular investment in ETF is a bad recommendation. SIP is not as good as the financial industry has spread it is. Investment opportunities are far and wide. Investment when the market is peaking is a mediocre strategy at the least.

Dishing out general and obnoxious investment advice is no way of helping someone, You are just indulging in speculation.

I respect your judgement and do not intend to prove you wrong. I am well open to a friendly debate at the end of which we both shall learn. I have seen your posts your are a spectacular trader. Why don't you do what your good at? or defend you advice. Best of luck.
firstly, thanks for clearing the "warning" part.

FACTS:
the thread requestor asked for advice on mutual funds. Period. he did not ask about bonds or providend funds (the one's you are good at).
My posts here at traderji maybe about speculation. But have spent a lot of time as financial advisor. so, let's not judge about a person's ability to advice simply based on his "posts"

I'm all in for learning and debate.

you wrote" Investment when the market is peaking is a mediocre strategy at the least."

please re-read my original post. I asked him to slowly invest when market corrects.

what is wrong in investing when market corrects?

please let me know any other investment vehicle that has managed to beat sensex/nifty returns over 20-30 year time horizon. once you do, you'll have me proved wrong and closed this debate.

and i do what i am good at = trading and sharing my thoughts on investing for long term.

and BTW, still waiting for YOUR advice to the thread starter.

Again, i am all in for learning. Just because you assumed me to be a speculator and want me to mind my business does not make you a great investment advisor. Please come forward with your thoughts to the thread starter. And let's not make this a ego issue.

Last edited:

Mr.G

firstly, thanks for clearing the "warning" part.

FACTS:
the thread requestor asked for advice on mutual funds. Period. he did not ask about bonds or providend funds (the one's you are good at).
My posts here at traderji maybe about speculation. But have spent a lot of time as financial advisor. so, let's not judge about a person's ability to advice simply based on his "posts"

I'm all in for learning and debate.

you wrote" Investment when the market is peaking is a mediocre strategy at the least."

please re-read my original post. I asked him to slowly invest when market corrects.

what is wrong in investing when market corrects?

please let me know any other investment vehicle that has managed to beat sensex/nifty returns over 20-30 year time horizon. once you do, you'll have me proved wrong and closed this debate.

and i do what i am good at = trading and sharing my thoughts on investing for long term.

and BTW, still waiting for YOUR advice to the thread starter.

Again, i am all in for learning. Just because you assumed me to be a speculator and want me to mind my business does not make you a great investment advisor. Please come forward with your thoughts to the thread starter. And let's not make this a ego issue.
I was gonna warn him against using MFs and make his own basket with help of a cfa. As sensex/nifty is a broad index it contains great and good cos. A portfolio focused on great dividend bearing cos with a good fixed income base will surely outperform the index.
:thumb:

You have spent time as a financial advisor? Thats nice. Did you have your own practice or did you do service in a firm? Whats your investment style?

Goal is not to prove me right or you wrong. Goal is to advance our knowledge through debate and exchange of thoughts.

comm4300

I was gonna warn him against using MFs and make his own basket with help of a cfa. As sensex/nifty is a broad index it contains great and good cos. A portfolio focused on great dividend bearing cos with a good fixed income base will surely outperform the index.
:thumb:

You have spent time as a financial advisor? Thats nice. Did you have your own practice or did you do service in a firm? Whats your investment style?

Goal is not to prove me right or you wrong. Goal is to advance our knowledge through debate and exchange of thoughts.
thank you. i like the way you handled this debate.:clapping:

i worked in a firm. the firm pushed only products that had higher margin. quit.

when you say dividend bearing companies are you referring to the practice of investing in high dividend yield stocks.

i'd like to know more on that subject. I prefer to buy good nifty 50 stocks for the long term. I have a buy and hold strategy.

cheers.

Mr.G

thank you. i like the way you handled this debate.:clapping:

i worked in a firm. the firm pushed only products that had higher margin. quit.

when you say dividend bearing companies are you referring to the practice of investing in high dividend yield stocks.

i'd like to know more on that subject. I prefer to buy good nifty 50 stocks for the long term. I have a buy and hold strategy.

cheers.
NIFTY is too diversified. focus on 7-8 dividend GROWING stocks, bought at cheap levels. There is likely to be a market crash in every 5.4 years, Buy at that time. Till then save money in a RD in post office and build a fixed income base with a VPF.

Buy and hold sucks, try Buy and monitor strategy.

Forum discussion is for healthy talk. Whosoever participates shud defend his advice. The final call will be of the investor.
What I feel-- ETFs are slightly less risky than Stocks. Day trading is of maximum-rsk, may be maximum gain/loss too
MFs throu' SIP is medium risk. But what i have found that market moves in cycles, so does NAVs. Oe has to be cautiour --when to exit. Even after exiting, next question comes....where to invest this redeemed money. I am presently at this juncture. I do not want to invest much amm directly into stocks.
Wheher new SIPs....if yes, which ones & how?
Whethet liquid funds?
Whether dhybrid ones?
Whether ETFs?
Or plain FD?

Mr.G

A very frank and friendly advice. Never invest on your money on your own, unless you are qualified enough to invest others money professionally. Its sad to see that you did not absorb anything from the above debate.

Aapne jo karna hai karo. Jai Ram Ji Ki!

NIFTY is too diversified. focus on 7-8 dividend GROWING stocks, bought at cheap levels. There is likely to be a market crash in every 5.4 years, Buy at that time. Till then save money in a RD in post office and build a fixed income base with a VPF.

Buy and hold sucks, try Buy and monitor strategy.
I respect your dividend paying investment style. Just out of curiosity want to ask you what to do in a case like Japan, where the index touched a peak in 1990 and it is less than half of that at present. The market may fall and we could buy, and it may fall further.

Mr.G

I respect your dividend paying investment style. Just out of curiosity want to ask you what to do in a case like Japan, where the index touched a peak in 1990 and it is less than half of that at present. The market may fall and we could buy, and it may fall further.
Google how to value stock and what role valuation plays in fundamental analysis. I wont cater anymore to your ignorance. :thumb:

Google how to value stock and what role valuation plays in fundamental analysis. I wont cater anymore to your ignorance. :thumb:
Well, I asked you about Japanese situation. Even If you bought at low valuations still it would give negative returns as it kept on falling, just see the Nikkei chart

Mr.G

Well, I asked you about Japanese situation. Even If you bought at low valuations still it would give negative returns as it kept on falling, just see the Nikkei chart
You have still not understood how valuations work. Re-read the material again. I'll forward this to einstein maybe he will be willing to type up and explanation.