Help me in selecting the MFs

I am 37 yrs self employed professional. Invested in HDFC prudence, DSPBR Top100, HDFC top200 (all equity) via SIP for some years. Took HDFC Tax saver also as per requirement. Now most of these funds are not showing good track record for past many quarters. I have redeemed units keeping in view the tax liability & lock in period.
Now amount of around 2.5 lac is lying idle to be parked in MFs. I have shortlisted these funds:
1) Franklin India Bluechip Fund
2) ICICI Pru Dynamic Reg
3) ICICI Pru Focussed bluechip Eq.

Kindly see what will be the good choice, I have medium-risk appetite. What shud be best way to invest now…..SIP or STP?

comm4300

two choices:

A)
shift the entire amount to Liquid fund.
when market falls (by say 3-5%) in a month, transfer x amount to TAX saver fund - hdfc tax saver etc. this will help you time the market; stay invested and save taxes.

B)
open demat account
buy LIQUIDBEES
similar to above, when market falls, buy NIFTY ETF at regular intervals.

choice of funds is not as important as time you remain invested in them.

all the best.

hanx a lot dear for reply, but i have some reservations:

Option A- I do not want to buy ELSS anymore
Its difficult to time the market

Option B- I am ignorent about LiquidBEES, though I have some scrips in my DMAT.
Again very difficult to time the market.
Is NIFTY ETF is less risky than taking stocks directly? Stock trading is high-risk option otherwise
Thanx

comm4300

ETF = Exchange Traded Fund ; most popular being NIFTY ETF.

this comprises the 50 stocks of NIFTY. the ETF movement is similar to INDEX movement.

you can take a look at it.

If you do not wish to spend time on the markets or on timing your investments. you can start SIP on any good Equity mutual fund. visit Valueresearchonline.com for star rated funds.

Mr.G

ETF = Exchange Traded Fund ; most popular being NIFTY ETF.

this comprises the 50 stocks of NIFTY. the ETF movement is similar to INDEX movement.

you can take a look at it.

If you do not wish to spend time on the markets or on timing your investments. you can start SIP on any good Equity mutual fund. visit Valueresearchonline.com for star rated funds.
On what basis did you recommend all that man?! You are playing with a mans financial future, be careful. It is easy to type a few sentences, If he really uses his hard earned money to your advice. Beware of the consequences.

comm4300

On what basis did you recommend all that man?! You are playing with a mans financial future, be careful. It is easy to type a few sentences, If he really uses his hard earned money to your advice. Beware of the consequences.
what is wrong in advising to invest in ETF?

Iam I advising him to invest in Stocks? or play intraday or F&O???

on WHAT basis are you accusing me of consequences?

you beware of what you type.

comm4300

----------- misunderstood G's quote---------

Last edited:

Mr.G

can you please also take time to read about my advice to invest in star rated funds???

it is you who has easily typed in a few lines without offering any help to the thread poster OR pointing out what is wrong in my advice.

so, you be aware of what you do...if you have anything to say - POINT OUT THE FACTS ...than just typing about ruining financial future...

who is ruined? anyone who regularly invests in ETF???? or one who has traded intrday??

also, what is wrong in investing in star rated funds???

unless you have any facts to prove me wrong ...just keep your thoughts to yourself and fight somewhere else....

don't play around w/o any valid reason.
Calm Down! Every investment is a speculation at the wrong price. No offence ment dude. I wanted to know the logic behind your recommendations. I didnt mean to question your judgement.

Warning was that Investing is not as easy as people think and over simplification of it puts grave danger on the persons financial health. :thumb:

If you are persistent I shall point of the fallacy of your recommendation.

Star rated funds are only as good as the fiduciary of the person rating them, be skeptical of all rating except that of your own.

Regular investment in ETF is a bad recommendation. SIP is not as good as the financial industry has spread it is. Investment opportunities are far and wide. Investment when the market is peaking is a mediocre strategy at the least.

Dishing out general and obnoxious investment advice is no way of helping someone, You are just indulging in speculation.

I respect your judgement and do not intend to prove you wrong. I am well open to a friendly debate at the end of which we both shall learn. I have seen your posts your are a spectacular trader. Why don't you do what your good at? or defend you advice. Best of luck.

Last edited: