Help in selecting mutual funds

i want to invest heavly , please suggest me ???

i want to invest 10 lacks , with high growth and with limited risk ..... plz suggest me some good funds ...

Re: i want to invest heavly , please suggest me ???

investing in varies mutual fund will minimize risk. top performing mf are reliance vision, reliance power sector ,reliance growth ,taurus starshare , tata equity , sbi magnum global , sbi magnum contra , jp contra etc

ranj_2k

Re: i want to invest heavly , please suggest me ???

Stocks like RPL, NTPC, PTC, IDFC, Petronet LNG, Gujarat Petronet, etc may be good investment in long run. You may also invest some amount in MF in lumpsum, some thru SIP, some amount can be kept for IPO. It is upto you how you want to invest and what is your strategy. You may wait for another correction in market and then invest in large caps.

Need Guidance On Sip

HELLO ALL!

I am unfamiliar with the concept of MF. have been reading a lot about this. i u/s SIP is the best for novices like me.

again, there are so many schemes -elss,growth,etc, and also many AMCs. I want to invest rs.2000 a month for a year.

could anybody pls tell me which is the best option for SIP?

thanks

peace for all!

Re: Need Guidance On Sip

Try out diversified equity funds. Avoid sector funds. one or 2 funds should be fine

Birla Sunlife Frontline Equity
Franklin Templeton Prima Plus.
Fidelity Equity

If you want to take sector bets, infrastructure funds should be good.(infrastructure funds are only marginally dfferent from deversified euity funds)
DSPML Tiger
ICICI Prudential Infrastructure.

Depending upon your risk appetite, you could chose one from the following 5 sets.

1. Conservative SIP:
UTI Master Index.

2. Moderate SIP:
Franklin Templeton Prima Plus.

3. Average SIP:
Birla Sunlife Frontline Equity or Fidelity Equity
DSP ML Tiger

4. Aggressive SIP:
Franklin Templeton Prima Plus
Birla Midcap

5. Very Aggressive SIP: (High risk)
Fidelity Equity
JM Emerging Leaders
DSP ML Tiger

Happy Investing!

Last edited:
Re: Need Guidance On Sip

hi vicky,

thanks for your response.

can you tell me how to rate risks as moderate, low and high. is it by the data of a particular fund or the market conditions on a macro-level?

in what ways are diverse funds better than sectoral funds?

i have some questions to you:

1) in the options you have mentioned in your post, most of them are from Birla. can one player be the best in many fields?

2) in another thread (inves portfolio) you wrote about deciding based on past perfo of the players. in such an uncertain scenario, can past perfo ever continue for year to come? is it wise to decide on this basis?