Google Finance Intraday data not getting downloaded!!

rmike

Has anybody used tickbytick data service ? I need only for backfill as I will use Josh1 utility for Real Time and some other source for backfill . Will take the trial next week but wanted to know if anyone has used it earlier then please share your experience.
It seriously 'beats me' to see people subscribing for 1 min data when the same is publically available, that too for free, from google finance!!!

it would've been understandable if the requirement had been for tick (or rather, what is being passed off as 'tick' ;) by these vendors) data, But to subscribe for a 1 min backfill data ..........???:wacky:

Last edited:

RockyRobust

It seriously 'beats me' to see people subscribing for 1 min data when the same is publically available, that too for free, from google finance!!!

it would've been understandable if the requirement had been for tick (or rather, what is being passed off as 'tick' ;) by these vendors) data, But to subscribe for a 1 min backfill data ..........???:wacky:
I agree with you. But not being a techie I was unable to arrange anything for my backfill needs. So just thought of trying any such thing. But as now when you have created a utility, I am again contemplating to using it for the backfill purpose. Although I have found that Google Data has faults in the Open High Low Close of the opening tick. Many a times it gives wrong values of Open=High or Open=Low when compared to NSE data. But as of now we can do by cross checking if number of stocks is less, although scanning of more stocks will surely suffer on such data.

Take this. chenge ext .txt to .rar and unazip and place any where. In symbol file maintain title word and place your pure NSE symbol
Thanks bhai
Please post some details how to use asc2ms.

Further you said that symbols should be NSE symbols, but
^NSEI and ^NSEBANK are not NSE symbols but Yahoo symbols.
It seems data is from Yahoo or is it from Google
How many symbols can be added in RTeod

monkeybusiness

I agree with you. But not being a techie I was unable to arrange anything for my backfill needs. So just thought of trying any such thing. But as now when you have created a utility, I am again contemplating to using it for the backfill purpose. Although I have found that Google Data has faults in the Open High Low Close of the opening tick. Many a times it gives wrong values of Open=High or Open=Low when compared to NSE data. But as of now we can do by cross checking if number of stocks is less, although scanning of more stocks will surely suffer on such data.
Why only google data? if you check Zerodha kite data and Zerodha Trader(Nest trader) and Zerodha Pi, chances are all three will be displaying different OHLC for opening candle of 1 minute.