gold equity

Any reasons not to trade ETFs overseas ?( I don't know what it takes for repatriation though ) You have a lot more choice and flexibility, you can go both long and short. GLD is the most liquid gold ETF.

In general commodities outperform commodity companies in the long run , if you are talking about going long/investing , except for some of the speculative penny stocks.
Hi Deepsa,
I was trying to get my rupee investments inline for what i believe will be a red hot winter :)

A bit more detail on this.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/913...ween-supply-and-demand-in-gold-silver-markets

It may be a case of large banks hoarding real gold and dumping paper gold in the market ( BTW paper gold/ETFs is just good for speculation or short term trading, I think it is better to get hold of the real stuff for longer term investment ) . I do not know to what extent it is true that Indian shops are having less gold and Silver, however it is very true in US. And as usual, the Indian bankers do not seem to know how to play this game as good as the other major players.

U

uasish

The problem to play with real gold is in taking Delivery of Gold,becoz i stay in Kolkata to take delivery i have to go to another City,where as for mini they deliver at Kolkata itself.

rkkarnani

The problem to play with real gold is in taking Delivery of Gold,becoz i stay in Kolkata to take delivery i have to go to another City,where as for mini they deliver at Kolkata itself.
Vaguely remember reading somewhere that you can take delivery of Gold as that of Stocks....in a DP sort of thing!!!! Where physical delivery is not required!!!
Not very sure though!!

rkkarnani

Electronic transfer of GOLD
Any buyer or seller receiving and / or effecting Gold delivery would have to open an depository account with an NCDEX empanelled Depository Participant (DP) to hold the Gold in electronic form.
On settlement, the buyer account with the DP would be credited with
the amount of Gold received and seller account would be debited.
The Buyer wanting to take physical delivery of the Gold holding has to make a request to the DP in prescribed form, with whom depository account has been opened. The DP would route the request to the vault who would issue the physical commodity i.e.: Gold to the buyer and debit his account, thus reducing the electronic balance to the extent of Gold rematerialized.

U

uasish

Mr Karnani,

The Gold Lot appoximately 3.75 Lacks now,upto 5 days before Settlement there is no problem ,when we step in that period either we have to take delivery or Rollover,just now the situation is like that & for delivery i am told one has to go to Ahmedabad.

Asish

rkkarnani

Mr Karnani,

The Gold Lot appoximately 3.75 Lacks now,upto 5 days before Settlement there is no problem ,when we step in that period either we have to take delivery or Rollover,just now the situation is like that & for delivery i am told one has to go to Ahmedabad.

Asish
Ashish Da, I think after going thru a few sites that you need not travel to any place but your home to take delivery of Gold, it is credited to your DP account, which you have to open to take electronic delivery of Gold!!!

As in shares which you can convert from demat to physical, so is in Gold, you can convert the electronic gold to physical and then may be you have to travel to Ahemdabad to take delivery!!!

But as long as you keep it in electronic form you just trade it as demat shares!!!

I am quiet sure of what i have written, may be 99% sure not 100% though!!

My previous post was from MOSL site!!!

vasa1

I didn't understand this post.

1. Why do you have to go to another city to take delivery?

2. What is "mini"?