Get bhav copy not working since 4 th march

kaly422000

Hi All,

I have seen a lot of people being handicapped due get bhav copy not working.

I have written a small application that is currently downloading the data from NSE and generates the data to be imported into 'Amibroker'

Further details can be found at https://nseeod.wordpress.com/

Please try it and let me know if it is working as expected.

Regards,
Narender
give the link in free filesharing site pls and also pls update as nse change the indices symbol

mastermind007

I may have figured out the problem with GetBhavCopy.

NSE had changed the name of indices once in march and did the same again in November.

Source of the problem is that unlike scrips, NSE does not publish "symbol" for indices but only its name. Because NSE only publishes names of indices, most software applications that download EOD data end up transforming a name (with spaces) into symbol (without spaces, self-made) and prepare their own csv upload files.

For example, most significant change recently was that stock that was referred to as "BANK NIFTY" is now changed to "Nifty Bank". Most indices that had CNX in its name are changed and the word CNX is replaced with the word Nifty. CNXNIFTYJUNIOR is now "Nifty Next 50"

kaly422000

but in amibroker the symbol name came as nifty50 .no space are there.
in datadownloader indice txt i typed nifty 50 with the space between nifty and 50 and it worked.
in getbhavcopy only have to update the dbf file.

any way 2 new link for other software is given in this thread
one is old but if put right format then it can work
and another has missing link.
so horrible condition .
better those who are users of free downlaoder gradually have to leave stock market and nse want that .
:clap:

pls then give the nse format txt that u have use to help us.
The format is
ticker, date (yyyymmdd), open, high, low, close, volume

An example of eod download, that I did previously (only for testing purpose)
20MICRONS,20151110,30.95,30.95,29.65,29.9,131338,0

I may add that previously they were giving indices data as well but now indices data (spot) is missing, though indices future data (eod) is there.

BTW, I am not using eod downloader as I do not need eod data, when I have IEOD data.