General Trading Chat

travi

I wonder if the downside in the PSU banks is done for the time being.
The news over the weekend by interim FM was a senti boost which may have reflected in the opening but I think the larger picture is if the election euphoria is over :D
and if we can get back to Macros.

The news over the weekend by interim FM was a senti boost which may have reflected in the opening but I think the larger picture is if the election euphoria is over :D
and if we can get back to Macros.
Regardless of the index, these scrips have dipped simply to fill the gap. I guess any upmove in the index will see them gain in the positive. Just my view.

Pradeep Narayan

ok some senior traders can helpout. something other than charts. Lets say one wants to trade multiple lot size( lets say 4) How do you enter the position. In one go or thru multiple adds. for a trend swing trader if one isnt stopped out for 2 days then slow add positions as and when the move is working or thru one go where you start making money from the word go or loosing it from word go.
All at once, as my risk is defined prior to entry. Ideal scenario is where the profits from 3 lots = 4th Lot, thus making the 4th lot a risk-free or free trade.

manoj2012

On Probation
Demart again down 5%,. Ashok Leyland 7%

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
The first 10 to 15 mins of market opening, we will know the trend. Despite all the positive triggers, BNF not moves up anything in that time, we can understand it neglects all good news and we are due more correction on the line.
It was an easy symptom to go short. Shorts worked fine today. Handsome profits rolling.

pannet1

ok some senior traders can helpout. something other than charts. Lets say one wants to trade multiple lot size( lets say 4) How do you enter the position. In one go or thru multiple adds. for a trend swing trader if one isnt stopped out for 2 days then slow add positions as and when the move is working or thru one go where you start making money from the word go or loosing it from word go.
hiya lemendew,

scaling in was very bad for psychology. seems market had the way to chicken me out easily.
scaling out had worked out well.

for a coward like me, if i am short 4 lots, i get out of 2 or 3 lots immediately after the price moved a little bit in my favor. then i could have the balls to hold the 1 or 2 lot till my stop loss is hit or market is giving me long signal to go flat.

how much to scale out first depends on how confident i am in my short position and one could get out slowly depending on that.