General Trading Chat

Stuffs like this combined with how aadhar is being forced down our throats everywhere, make me realize that we are heading for dark future...
Lol, no offence but u seems to be the most negative guy, u find wrong in most of the things. M sure 10 years from now indian economy will be far far better than this and no "dark future" for sure.

(now a days zero hedge is nothing more than a satire, read less of it :)

cheers

Does this mean trading FO only for employed people/ people with other business. Or people who have made income last year from it.
That means no retail trader in commodity segment !!! :eek::eek:
This basically means govt has started making decisions for you whether something is good or not and we call india a democracy
One of those foolish things that sebi keeps on doing. On one side they want more pariticipation and on the other side they do such silly things. So basically if you are out of college or new to the market you cannot deal in derivatives..if this works out to be true. One more corollary could be that the margin amounts could go up even higher
The worst interpretation of this would be If even a trader is good but if in an off year his FO Income doesnt exceed his expenses last year by a big margin then his income is less. Less income wouldnt qualify him to trade FNO the subsequent year.

Even if he has a fortune a loss last year would mean no income and no FNo trading. Lets wait and see :oops:
Not sure if SEbi can think so weirdly? Am sure even big investors dont make income every month and year. Other than some exceptions .
if this indeed turns out to be true..i would say stupidity of sebi and GOI has indeed no limit ...
Its SEBI.. look at some of the things that it has done historically. for example increasing the lot size unncessarily. It seems these is a mindset that there are speculators who are loosing their shirts in FO trading and SEBI wants to be their saviour. And on top of that there was some report about a cash to derivatives ratio being extremely high in India compared to other countries besides South Korea. But how that counting is done.. wellthat is a different story.
There is a Bengali proverb which roughly translates to "aunt is more concerned than mother". Sebi is like that aunt. If one is making loss so be it. Every trader makes losses during their learning curve, does that mean one has no right to trade or learn to trade in derivatives? It is like preventing a child to learn to walk in the fear of injury. If parents prevent their child citing the reason that trying to walk is dangerous and may cause injury then that's pretty bad. Also, everything has risk associated with it. Driving is also risky, there are so many accidents happening everyday and millions lost their life every year. But why not stopping people from driving?

This is sheer stupidity of sebi & GoI. I am trading for more than six years and like everyone I also made losses but the past year has been good for me. I do not have big capital but I have experience, now if sebi increases the margin requirement again then I will be thrown out of business. Everyone knows how difficult it is to get jobs, if I can handle risk who is sebi to decide whether I am competent enough to handle derivatives or not?
I had gone through an article regarding that. The whole calculation of turnover ratio is flawed.
Derivatives segment is so nicely liquid that any misdeed of throwing retail investors from this segment will shrink the liquidity badly. They should instead make a move to direct the brokers to block such retail investors who have made an 'x' amount of loss in a financial year for that year, if they are so adamant on saving the investors. This will keep the gamblers away and the individuals who are skilled in a professional manner could do the business unhindered.

When I started trading , many people who were trading in equities and making good money in that segment advised me to remain away from Options because it was risky. I still thought of getting the knowledge about Options that why these instrument have such an image. Got hold of many aspects of Options and started trading them in a controlled manner. Some of my biggest profitable trades were from Option trades in Nifty & Stocks. If I would have not went into knowing Options, those trades would never have materialized.

SEBI is trying to snatch away opportunity from many future talented traders.

It seems Bunch of fools are sitting in the SEBI ............:)

HEM

soft_trader

What is the problem with our govt? They force their whims upon us and dictates in which segment we need to trade. They don't want us to participate in Indian derivative market neither do they allow us to go offshore to avoid their ridiculous rules.

They are neither TRADERs nor INVESTORs, they are EMPLOYEEs (BABU) -- Salaried Class Govt. Employee (Babu). They are holding the post for making rules and regulation.
It seems Bunch of fools are sitting in the SEBI ............:)

HEM
No, They are not FOOLS.

They are neither TRADERs nor INVESTORs -- they are salaried class CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEEs (BABU). They are holding their posts only for making rules and regulation (Babugiri). As we are not FII or DII, hume lubh ho ya nuksaan --, usse unko kya lena-dena, ussko tou monthly mota salary milegaahi milega. Hum garib traders log kya kar sakte hein, hume sunega koun ?